Excel to PDF - not honoring page breaks

I am working with the doForms company. They have a feature using Excel template files to populate with data - and the option to export the Excel file as a PDF. Currently - this Excel to PDF feature does not honor page breaks in the the Excel template. doForms pointed back to Aspose - saying you were working on a fix.

I have no idea what Aspose products doForms are using. Do you know if this issue is being worked on?

Hi,

I would like to address your issue/ requirements from Aspose.Cells perspective.

I think you are using Excel to PDF Feature provided by Aspose.Cells component, see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Converting+Excel+to+PDF+Files

Could you give us the JIRA ticket id (for your issue) or forum thread link, so that we could evaluate your issue and provide you more details and status of your issue.

Thank you.

Amjad -

I’m sorry - I don’t have a ticket or forum link. I am a client of www.doforms.com - and apparently they use an Aspose product. I am having trouble with Excel page breaks not being honored in the PDFs created from Excel files. DoForms said that Aspose was working on a solution. They were waiting to hear back from you.

That is all the information that I have.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Well, I am afraid, how could we know about your issue then if we have not either your ticket id or forum thread link. Actually we have some issues logged into our database posted by different users, so we might not sort it out which issue you are talking about. We appreciate if you could at least provide us the template file here, so, we may evaluate your issue on our end.

By the way, could you try our latest version/fix : Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.7.1.4 if it makes any difference.

Thank you.

Sorry, I can’t install Aspose software. I am a customer of one of Aspose customers.

I believe this message ID is the issue I am dealing with. I could really use a solid answer if this issue is fixed, being worked on, and when it might be solved.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/90564

I don’t know if the issue is the Aspose software, or how the doForms people are using it.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us further details and thread link.

We come to know that you are using Aspose.Cells for Cloud APIs. Well, Aspose.Cells would render Excel spreadsheets to PDF file format based on what is shown/displayed in MS Excel’s print preview for the worksheets (in the workbook) when viewing the file into MS Excel manually, so, if a worksheet has different PageSetup options set (e.g Paper Size, Orientation (Landscape, Portrait, etc.), Aspose.Cells would render PDF pages accordingly. Do you need to have some options to change PageSetup options to print all the sheets in the Letter paper size in the MS Excel file?

Thank you.

My Excel print preview follows the page size, orientation, and page breaks correctly. Orientation = Portrait / Scaling = Adjust to 100% normal size / Paper Size = Letter / Print Quality = 600 dpi

The PDF created is 8.39 x 24.80 inches. Not the three pages of 8.5x11" I am expecting.

Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using the following sample code with your template file “CLR.xltx”. Here is my sample URI (I uploaded your template file to my default Cloud storage) with other code segments:
e.g
Sample code:

string strURI = “http://api.aspose.com/v1.1/cells/CLR.xltx/saveAs?newfilename=outCLR1.pdf”;

//sign URI
string signedURI = Sign(strURI);

ProcessCommand(signedURI, “POST”);

//build URI
strURI = “https://api.aspose.com/v1.1/storage/file/outCLR1.pdf”;

//sign URI
signedURI = Sign(strURI);

Stream responseStream = ProcessCommand(signedURI, “GET”);
using (Stream fileStream = System.IO.File.OpenWrite(@“e:\test2\outCLR2.pdf”))

{ CopyStream(responseStream, fileStream); }
responseStream.Close();

The output PDF is attached here for your reference which same as your provided PDF file. The output PDF file should contains three pages as per the print preview shown in MS Excel for the worksheet in the workbook but it shows only 1 long page in the output PDF. I have logged a ticket with an id “SAASCELLS-82” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

It is to update you that your issue logged as “SAASCELLS-82” is fixed but the fix will be available after we will deploy the change to production server. Once it is done, you will notified here in this thread.

Thank you.