Illegal operation 'q' inside a text object

Do anyone of you experience this message before? The PDF can be generated correctly from user point of view after I clicked "OK" in the message window with "illegal operation 'q' inside a text object". Looking for immediate help. Many Thanks,

Hi Blue Cross,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Can you please share some details regarding the PDF Document and source code you are using. This will help us to figure out the issue and reply back to you soon.

We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

I tried the PDF generated from my program and found no message if I use Arcobat Reader X or 9. The same message will prompt us if we use Acrobat Professional 7 or Acrobat Reader 8 to open same PDF generated. Hope this can be the hint for you to do trouble-shooting.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Please share the sample code, template PDF document (if any) and the resultant PDF file to show the issue. This will help us figure out the issue and resolve it soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Attached pls find 3 source files.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Remain_op_benefits.sapx

OPBenefitPDF.ashx.cs

OPBenefitPDF.ashx

Remain_op_benefits.sapx is the web interface for user to keyin information & calling OPBenefitPDF.ashx handler. The handler’s source code will be inside OPBenefitPDF.ashx.cs

From line#120: (Remain_op_benefits.sapx)

<ItemTemplate>

<% if (System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture.Name.ToLower() == "en-us")

{ %>

<asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink2" runat="server" Target="_blank" NavigateUrl='<%# "OPBenefitPDF.ashx?Lang=E&PolicyNo="+Eval("SIPLNO")+"&PolicyYear="+Eval("SIPLYR")+"&InsuredNo="+Eval("SIINS")+"&Dep="+Eval("SIDEP") %>'>View Details</asp:HyperLink>

<% }

else if (System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture.Name.ToLower().StartsWith("zh-"))

{ %>

<asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" runat="server" Target="_blank" NavigateUrl='<%# "OPBenefitPDF.ashx?Lang=C&PolicyNo="+Eval("SIPLNO")+"&PolicyYear="+Eval("SIPLYR")+"&InsuredNo="+Eval("SIINS")+"&Dep="+Eval("SIDEP") %>'>View Details</asp:HyperLink>

<% } %>

</ItemTemplate>

OPBenefitPDF.ashx.cs is the handler coding to process the PDF file.

Hi Aspose support team

How are you? This is Martin from Idynamic Media (Aspose Hong Kong reseller) again. As client contacted us and want to know if there is any update for their quesiton. Can you help to check and reply them?

Thx a lot!

Martin Fung

Idynamic Media

Hong Kong Reseller

Hi Harvey,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

Please accept our apologies for a delayed response. I tried using your shared code but due to missing classes / variable values in your code (like BCSCWCFBenefits), I am unable to create the solution to test your issue. Please create a sample application with all the classes and variable and complete data and share with us. This will help us re-generate the issue at our end and we will be able to test / fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Harvey,

Thanks for your patience.

Please note that the issue related to error prompt “illegal operation ‘q’ inside a text object” seems to be fixed in latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.8.0. I have tried creating a PDF document using the code snippet which you have shared over 341791 and I am unable to notice any problem/error message when viewing the resultant PDF with Adobe Reader 7.0.8. More along, I have also tried viewing the resultant PDF using Adobe Reader 10.1.2 and no error message appears. Can you please try using the latest release version and in case the problem persists, please feel free to contact. We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

PS, For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF that I have generated.