Fo:external-graphic- setting size

Hello,
The width setting for the fo:external-graphic in the following document used to work with Aspose.PDF version 3.7.0.0 - We recently upgraded to version 6.3.0.0 and since then all width and height settings do not appear to work for the fo:external-graphic object. Can we get some help with this?

Thanks.

http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:ms="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" xmlns:js="urn:the-xml-files:xslt-js">

http://localhost:63569/images/header.png)" width="8.025in" />

Hi Jonah,

Thanks for using our products. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem. As per my observations, whatever value we specify against width attribute, the image in resultant PDF is being displayed with constant width. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-31690. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, During my testing with older version 3.7.0.5 and 3.6.2.9, I am always getting “ImageSizeIssue.pdf” error during XSL-FO to PDF conversion.

Thanks for the quick response. Please let us know as soon as you're able to resolve this issue. We are pressed for time to deliver the next version of our product.

Jonah

Hi Nayyer,

Do you know if this issue always existed or if there may be a relatively recent version of Aspose.PDF that does not have this problem? If there is we would like to use that version instead as we are very pressed for time.

Thanks.

Hi Jonah,

Thanks for your interest in our products, we always tested the scenario with latest version of product before logging the issue. For the sake of correction, this issue has been logged. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for you inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Thanks Rashid,

On a related note - is using FO to generate PDFs a recommended method? Or is Aspose only providing limited support for FO?

Hello,
Do you have an update regarding this problem?
Thanks.

Hi Jonah,

Our development team is working on your issue but I am afraid the issue is not resolved yet. However, I have requested an ETA from the development team regarding PDFNEWNET-31690 and as soon as I get a response from them, I will be happy to update you.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

hi there,
Just wondering if this issue was ever fixed. We are also currently evaluating your product, and we have a requirement to be able to embed images in pdfs to scale using XSL FO

Hi there,

Thanks for the inquiry, I'm afraid the reported issue is still not resolved due to some other priority tasks and complexity of issue. It’s pending in the queue for analysis. However, I have requested the team for ETA and as soon as I get a feedback I will update you via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

Hi,

we are also evaluating the usage of Aspose.Pdf and we also need to be able to include and scale graphics (.jpg and .bmp). I currently cannot make out any way to scale the graphic. Is this issue still open?

Grettings

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Pdf. I am afraid the issue is still not resolved due to other priority issues. However we have raised the issue priority and request our product team to share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,