Does ASPOSE allow use to create a connection to SSAS cube

does ASPOSE allow use to create a connection to SSAS cube.

What is the current support for Excel 2007 worksheets with datasources that import OLAP data from (for example) Microsoft Analysis Services? Can Pivot tables be created based on an OLAP datasource? Can existing OLAP Pivot tables be recalculated based on the fresh data available in the cube?

If current version does not support OLAP data sources,then what are the plans for OLAP support in the future?

Thank you.

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, currently we don't provide OLAP support. You have to use your own code to import data into some source or DataSet then use Aspose.Cells to import it into an Excel file, then you can create/manipulate or refresh pivot table or pivot data in the the report accordingly.

We have logged a ticket for the feature with an id: CELLSJAVA-40353. We may look into it in future though and not very soon. Once we have any update or we have any plan/schedule available for it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Will it be an easier implementation for ASPOSE Cells to just having an API to define connection properties to connect to an SSAS cube. Once done the user will create data sheet using native Excel. The other request will be to open Excel and refresh the PIVOT table that connects to SSAS cube.

Please let us know.

Thanks

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

As I shared in my previous post, your requested feature might not be supported soon as it is a complex feature to be implemented. Anyways, I have logged your commend against your existing issue id: “CELLSJAVA-40353”. Once the concerned developer share any update on it, we will let you know here immediately.

Thank you.

I understand it will not be supported soon. BUt do you have that in your roadmap. If yes when can we expect this functionality ? Could this provided with an added cost ? Is that an option ?

Thanks

Narayan

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have already logged yours new comments and requested for any Roadmap or ETA for this issue in our database against this issue with id: CELLSJAVA-40353

Once, we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have looked into your issue in detail and after further investigation, we found that Ms-Excel will give an Odc file to connect to SQL Server which is pivot table’s data source.

We can implement and provide you an API to set the path of the odc file.

For your reference, we have attached a sample file of odc in the appendix. Please remove .txt extention from it.