Page is not rendered properly in 6.3

Hi,

In Aspose.PDF for .NET 6.3, there is a page rendering problem. But in version 5.0, there is no such problem.

Attached are the two PDF files generated in 6.3 and 5.0 respectively for your reference.

Rose

Hi Rose,

Thanks for using products.

Can you please share some details on how you are generating these documents ? If possible, can you please share the code snippet so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi,

The data is stored in SQL server database, I retrieved it from DB and generate the PDF file on the fly.

Regarding to the code, I created the PDF and added a section to it. See the code below:

Pdf pdf1 = new Pdf();

Section sec1 = pdf1.Sections.Add();

Then I created Tables for different section and added the tables one by one to the section.

I think the "Section" rendering may have problem too in version 6+.

Attached are another two PDF files generated in version 5.0 and 6.3 respectively. Page 4 is not rendered properly in version 6.3. But in version 5, it works very well.

Hope this will help you to narrow down the problem

Hi Rose,

Thanks for sharing more details but I am afraid until or unless we are able to reproduce the issue at our end, it will be quite difficult for us to correct it. Can you please try replicating the issue with small set of data. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

Well, here is how to replicate it.

Attached PDFCode.txt is the basic code to generate the pdf file, attached SiteHistory.txt contains the html text to put in the pdf file. We stored it in database. So I retrieved it from DB and attached it.

Attach PDFProblem.pdf is the output.

Hope this will help you to find the problem.

We need the fix as soon as possible. If you can send me a workaround, that will be great!

Rose

Any progress on this issue? I just tested in version 6.4, the problem is still not fixed.

Thanks

Rose

Hi,

I have nailed down the problem. When there is lots of text in the table row so the row needs to span more than two pages.

If there is not much text, it is okay even the row needs to span two pages.

Hope this is helpful.

Looking forward to hearing back as soon as possible.

Thanks

Rose

Hi Rose,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the sample code and resultant files.

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-31945. We will update your regarding any progress against your issue via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused,

Hi Rose,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please downlaod and try the attached latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.5 and let us know if you still face any issue. Also, please make sure that your html is formatted properly. Your shared Html file ("SiteHistory.txt") has incorrect line breaking. Second line ends with <span style=\ and third line starts with "font-family: . But \ and " chars should be together because thay are treated like one character in C#.

In case you still face any problem, please feel free to contact support.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Thanks.

I tested in version 6.5. The problem is not fixed.

The HTML text is from tinyMCE input on the webform. But the same HTML text worked in Aspose version 5.0.

Can you look into it again?

Thanks

Rose

Thank you for the feedback.

Please share your results (using Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.5) with us for further checking.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi,

Here is the result PDF file I got using Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.5. The problem is on Page 4.

I don't see any changes compared with what I got using Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.3.

There is no problem in Aspose.Pdf for NET.v 5.0. I attached it too for your reference.

Hope I get a fix or workaround very soon.

Thanks

Rose

Thank you for the feedback.

Well, the HTML file you shared with us generates 2 pages in PDF document and those two pages do not show any problem with Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.5. As per your shared PDF file, the issue comes at page 4. I would suggest you to create a sample application with Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.5 and you complete HTML code and share with us. We will check your issue further in detail with the help of the sample application.

Hi,

I have extracted all the information from database and put together the sample code. See attached sample code and the problem PDF file generated using Aspose.PDF version 6.5.

This is a repeatable problem. It is in our released product. We are so frustrated. It worked in version 5. We had to upgrade Aspose to version 6+ because of other features.

Please fix it or send me a workaround ASAP.

Rose

Thank you for sharing the resultant file.

I am able to notice the rendering problem after testing your code. I have asked the development team to look into your issue and as soon as I get any feedback, I will update you.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Rose,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>

I have received
an update from our development team and your reported issue is currently under
fixing and scheduled to be fixed and included in our upcoming release i.e.
Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.8. You will be notified via this forum thread once the
new release is available for download.

Sorry for
the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-31945) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi, I downloaded the version Aspose.PDF 6.9. But I got this licence error:

The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 20 Jan 2012, but this version of the product was released on 02 Apr 2012. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

I reported this bug long time ago. Please let me know how to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks

Rose

Thank you for the details.

Well, the error you reported is showing because of your license subscription expiry. Please make sure that your license subscription is not expired. You may check that by opening your license file in a text editor and check the < SubscriptionExpiry> tag to confirm your license subscription expiry. Please do let us know in case your license is not expired yet and you are still facing the issue.