SignatureField border

Hi,

I am using the following code to generate siganturefield (your slightly modified example from pdf-java-examples):

<pre style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”;”><pre style=“font-family: “Courier New”;”>public static void addingSignatureField() {
// Open document
Document pdfDocument = new Document();
pdfDocument.getPages().add();
// Create a field
SignatureField signatureField = new SignatureField(pdfDocument.getPages().get_Item(1), new Rectangle(100, 200, 300, 300));
signatureField.setPartialName(“signature1”);

Border border = new Border(signatureField);
border.setWidth(1);
border.setDash(new Dash(1, 1));
signatureField.getCharacteristics().setBorder(java.awt.Color.BLACK);
signatureField.setBorder(border);

// Add field to the document
pdfDocument.getForm().add(signatureField, 1);
// Save modified PDF
pdfDocument.save(“OutputSignature.pdf”);
}<pre style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”;”>

The problem is, that the border is not shown. I am using adobe reader 2017, but I alos tried FoxIt to view the resulting pdf. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tried to generate PDF document with a signature field by using your code snippet and Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.4.0 and I was unable to notice the issue. The border around the signature field was visible in Adobe Reader DC 2017.009.20044 (Please check the screenshot). For your reference, I have also attached an output document, generated by your shared code snippet.

Would you please share more information regarding your working environment i.e API Version, OS Information, Complete Version Number of Adobe Reader, etc. This way we can try to observe the issue in our environment and address it accordingly.

Best Regards,

Hi,

api is 17.4 and 17.2, windows 10 EN, 17.009.20044.25828
On different computer than mine the same document is displayed correctly (the border of signature field). It does have older Acrobat reader. On at least 2 other computers the problem is the same as on mine.

Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for sharing requested details with us. I have tried to open the file with the same version of the Adobe Acrobat which you have shared and I did not notice any issue. The borders of the SignatureField were appeared correctly (Please check the screenshot).

As it seems your system environment specific issue, so please try reinstalling the Adobe Acrobat Reader and open the output document. In case if you still face any issue, please share the output file, generated over your end, so that we can further investigate the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

Adding more to Asad’s comments, I have also tried viewing the PDF output generated using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.4.0 shared earlier by Asad on Windows 7 (x64) using Adobe Acrobat 110.0 and also on Windows 10 (x64) using Adobe Acrobat 11.0.3 and as per my observations, the border is properly appearing. For your reference, I have also attached the image files showing PDF display behavior.

Furthermore, in your first post, you have mentioned that you have also tried viewing the output in Foxit reader, so can you please share your findings/observations with foxit.

Last but not the least, please share some details regarding the number which you have shared in last post " 17.009.20044.25828". Is it Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version number (as Asad shared) ?

Please share the details, so we may further investigate this scenario. We are really sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

In foxit, it is the same. The version number is of Adobe Acrobat Reader (no Pro).

I have attached my output file as well as picture of it in said readers.

I face quite a lot of problems with your library. Please see my other posts and coordinate with other members of your team, they might have other info from me. It is possible that it is based on my environment, but please not that in my company at least two other persons face the same issues.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing back.

I have tried to open the document in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (No Pro) with the same version and was unable to notice border issue. Though when I opened the document in FoxIt Reader 8.3.0, the borders were missing there. Therefore, I have logged an investigation ticket as PDFJAVA-36749 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the issues with the details provided by you and keep you updated on the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time.

opeterka:
I face quite a lot of problems with your library. Please see my other posts and coordinate with other members of your team, they might have other info from me. It is possible that it is based on my environment, but please not that in my company at least two other persons face the same issues.

We are sorry for the problems which you have faced and we really hope that they are being resolved and have been handled properly by other Aspose Staff members in the related forum threads. In case of any further issue, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to provide you proper feedback accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,