Powerpoint 2003 w/Windows XP sp2 corruption problem

getting the following error in Powerpoint 2003 w/Windows XP sp2 when our product exports ppt files using Aspose.Slides:

"Powerpoint was unable to display some of the text, images or objects on the slides in the file, "presentation[1].ppt', because they have become corrupted. Affected slides have been replaced by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possible to recover the lost information. To ensure that the file can be opened in previous versions of PowerPoint, use the Save As Command (File menu) and save the file with either the same or a new name."

We aren't getting this error in older versions of Word. I can't save the corrupted file or click on any of the slides that contain images..Powerpoint crashes and shuts down.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Is anyone looking into this problem? I haven’t heard anything since I posted last week. If you need more information about this, please let me know.

Unfortunately that is most undetectable problem and we couldn’t reproduce of find it yet.
So if you can send examples as much as possible it would be great.
We need source presentations and code how you change it.

hi,

I have office 2003 and windwos xp professional. while opening slide demo i am getting exactly the same message as mentioned by altbee. Could you identify the exact problem. if you need any other techenical detail you can ask ?

Thanks & Regards

herold

Hi Herold,

I think that I've narrowed this down to Powerpoint 2003 w/service pack 2. It seems to work for me with the version of Powerpoint 2003 without service pack 2. Are you using service pack 2?

thanks,

Amanda (altbee)

Hi,

Attached is a source presentation (I'm assuming that by source presentation you mean the end product--exported ppt file?)..this presentation exports fine into Powerpoint XP but when I try to open it in Powerpoint 2003 sp 2 w/XP Professional, I get the error that I listed in my original post. Will be getting a copy of Office 2007 soon and will see if it happens there too.

The corruption varies..I've tried and will continue to try to find out if the content of the presentation (graphs, text, etc.) seems to influence the severity of the error. Sometimes I just get the error message in my original post, other times I get the error and it completely crashes and shuts down Powerpoint.

Please let me know if there's anything else that is helpful for you to know/have.

Thanks.

Alexey--here is the code that our product uses with Slides. I've attached it in a text file. Also, we are using an older version of Slides. We bought it right before the new version of Slides came out.

Thanks.

Thank you for all provided information and example.
We will investigate it and try to fix the problem.

Hi Alexey,

Is there any progress to report on this issue?

thanks.

Dear Amanda,

First of all, i would like to say sorry if my late replies have offended you.

Actually, we were also working on your issue besides working on other bug fixes and new features. However, the problem reported by you is more complex and uncertain so, right now, i am not able to specify any estimated time in which your problem will be surely solved. However, we are doing our best to provide a better solution to your problem. Please, be sure that all problems reported by our customers are always at high priority for us including the problem reported by you. We will inform you as soon as your issue is resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Have a good time.

Dear Amanda,

Please send us your source template presentation(s), we need them for testing purpose.

Hi,

Here is our source presentation.
Also a note from one of my developers. We have a several customers who are stranded at the moment and cannot use our software’s powerpoint export (through Aspose Slides). thanks, Amanda

Note from my development team:

Attached is the PowerPoint file that we load and then modify.

If there is any short term work-around while you are looking into
this that would be very helpful. For example, if the problem is caused
by a particular feature/component than we may be able to not use
whatever is causing the problem?!

Thank you,

Heiko

Dear Amanda

Thank you for submitting the source template presentation. Our team is working on your problem and will resolve it as soon as possible.