How do you deal with dynamic text/shapes *run offs*?

does anyone know what the best way is to deal with text and or shapes that goes beyond the allowed size

for dynamic generation of slides, i am not sure how to handle text and/or images that goes beyond the *placeholder component's* width and/or height. in other words, how can i determine at runtime how much of the original *content* can fit into allocated placeholders without *overrunning* other *shapes* in powerpoint?

initially, i thought this could be set in Power Point but it *appears* that power point itself does not allow you to *lock* in the size for any specific components. it would be nice if Power Point had a scrollable text shape.

thanks

joon

Where you able to figure this out? I’ve just posted a question similar to yours as well.

Sorry, there is no public method to determine size of a
textframe’s/textholder’s text. You can call a FitTextToShape() method
to shrink text (by decreasing intervals between lines and font size).
You can ensure text won’t run off by switching on a FitShapeToText
property (shape will always have size, enough to fit text).

Or, if it is critical not to change shape/placeholder size and
position, as an ugly workaround, you can switch on FitShapeToText
property, change text and then get shape’s/textholder’s size to measure
minimum shape size able to fit text, and then return previous values.
Please note: when FitShapeToText mode is on, shape/textholder can
change not only size, but position too (depends on selected alignment).

I see this response is from 2006, is this still valid or is there a way to deal with dynamic text/shapes “run offs”?

Hello Dear,

I feel sorry to share with you that unfortunately the requested feature requested is still unavailable and you may please persist on using the work around method shared in previous post.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,