Adding "continued" to bottom of a wrapped page

We generate our PDF’s using XSL+XML. We need to add “continued” to the bottom of the page after any paragraph which wraps to the next page.

I’m not sure how I can do this. I’d appreciate any tips.

Thank you!

Hello Dan,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I’m afraid this feature is currently not supported. For the sake of correction, I’ve logged this requirement as PDFNET-13879 under New Features list in our issue tracking system. We would look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated with the status of correction.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated in this regard. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Here’s an idea:

Let’s say each parapgraph has a code and I want to have the footer contain that code if that paragraph were to wrap to the next page.

For example “P3” is shown in the footer.

--------------------- (page 1)
P1 This is paragraph 1

P2 This is paragraph 2

P3 This is paragraph 3 will wrap to

(This is the footer and P3 continued to next page)
---------------------- (page 2)
the next page.
----------------------

The idea is that as each paragraph is added to a page, the paragraph would write a new footer. Then if that parapgraph were to wrap to the next page the correct footer content would be displayed.

Should that work? I’m not sure how to represent it in XSL though.

Hello Dan,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

As I've already mentioned this feature is currently not supported and we've logged it as New Feature in our issue tracking system. We would definitely consider this information during its implementation. Please spare us little time and we will get back to you, shortly.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

I was using the footer as an example. There’s a bit more to it that I’d like to be able to do.

Attached is an example of what I need to be able to do.

I may need try this without XSL and use the API.

Thank you for your willingness to add features!

Hi Dan,

Thank you for sharing the sample file. I have updated our development team with the additional information and the PDF file.

We’ll update you via this forum thread once the feature is supported.
Regards,

Hello Dan,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I've discussed this requirement with development team and I'm afraid it's pretty hard to support such kind of behavior. I'm sorry to inform you that we might not be able to support it in short time.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13879) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.