Margins are not rendered correctly

When exported to PDF, margins set in "Report Layout" are being ingored by ASPOSE.

Steps:

In the attached rdl file, I have the set the top margin as 0.5in Both of these values were ignored by the ASPOSE.

In order to set the margin, I opened report properties window Report -> Report Properties. Then I clicked on "Layout tab" and specified the margins there.

I am attaching the rdl file and the generated PDF. Also attaching a image with description of the problem.

Hello Venugopal,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I've tried testing the scenario over my end but I'm afraid I'm unable to do so. The report file is referencing to some DataSource "UWS" and I'm unable to use this report. Can you please share some report based over AdventureWorks database or if possible, can you please share the DataSource.

I've tried to replicate the issue with one of my sample report created using AdventureWorks Database. For the testing purpose, I've set the Top margin of report as 2.5inc and Left margin as 2.0inc. I've created two PDF documents, one using Adobe Acrobat extension and other using Aspose.Pdf for SSRS. Both the files are in attachment, please take a look.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer

In your example you dont have a page header. I have modified my report
to use a dummy DS and uploading the datasource too. As you can see in
the PDF generated, there is no margin between the page header and the
top of the page instead it is getting applied between page header and
body.

rptCFISQuoteDO_TEST.rdl - Test Report

DummyDS.txt - Shared data source used by test report. Please change the extension to rds

rptCFISQuoteDO_TEST.pdf - PDF generated by using ASPOSE

Issue_Details.gif - snapshot of the issue

Thanks
Venu
Tel: 212 500 7817

please use this report for testing

Hello Venugopal,

Thanks for sharing the Resource files.

I've tested the scenario and I'm able to notice the same problem. The problem has been logged in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-13858. We'll look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated with the status of correction.

Any update on the fix?

Hello Venugopal,

Thanks for sharing the Resource files.

We've made some progress regarding the resolution of this problem and I hope it would be resolved by early next week. Please be patient and we will get back to you with the status of correction, shortly.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hello Venugopal,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I'm pleased to inform you that the issue reported earlier has been fixed in the attached hotfix for Aspose.Pdf for SSRS. Please try using it and in case you still face any problem or you've any further query, please feel free to contact.

I've also attached the resultant PDF that I've generated with this version while using the sample .RDL that you have shared earlier.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Nayyer

This has addressed the header margins issue, however it created some major issues.

1.) Margins in page footer are not working.

2.) Text in footer is overlapping with the text in the body.

I am attaching the report & the PDF i generated for reference.

Thanks

Venu

Hello Venugopal,

Thanks for sharing the sample reports.

I've tried testing the reports over my end but I'm afraid I couldn't complete the test because the sample report subConditionsQuote.rdl is referencing to some external datasource UWS and while opening the file rptCFISQuoteDO_Test_3.rdl I'm getting the following error message (shown in attached screen shot).

Can you please share the resource files similar to the one that you've shared over this link, so that we can test the scenario once again.

I have removed external references. Please use the attached reports.

rptCFISQuoteDO_Test_3.rdl : Main report
subConditionsQuote_Test.rdl : subreport

Thanks
Venu

Hello Venu,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I've tested the scenario with subConditionsQuote_Test.rdl and I'm able to notice the problem. But, when I've tried viewing the rptCFISQuoteDO_Test_3.rdl report, I'm getting the following error message "Error while loading code module: 'UWWSRSLib', Version=1.0.2960.27347, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'UWWSRSLib' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.". Can you please again take a look over this matter.

We're sorry for your inconvenience.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I have removed references to custom library.

Thanks
Venu

Hello Venu,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

Using the new report files, I have tested the issue and I’m able to reproduce the same problem. I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-14345. We will investigate this issue in detail and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was wondering when the fix would be available?

Thanks
Venu

It has been 2 months. It has been effecting our ability to generate reports. When would fix be available?

Thanks
Venu
Tel:
212 500 7817

Dear Venu,

We are working on your issue and inform you as soon as fix will be available.

Thanks for your patience.

Dear Venu,

Please provide full report, I was unable to reproduce your issue without images, containing in report as you can see from attachement.

Thanks.

Uploading the image file used by the report.

Thanks
Venu
Tel 212 500 7817

Hi Pavel

Are you able to reproduce the issue now?

Regards
Venu