Aspose.Cells for Report Services

Hi

Even the latest version of ReportViewer only allows export to excel with 65K row limit.

I am hoping that your product will allow us to export up to the excel 2007 limit, over 1 million rows.

Can you please confirm for me that this is true?

Thanks so much

Daniel Weltman

Software Developer

Precision Development

Hi ,

We have checked your issues.

We may use two solutions for this issue.

1. When rows number arrives excel 2007 limit, add a new worksheet go on export data.
2. Using text file save exported data.

Do you consider which solution meets your need?

We will develop new feature for your need.

Hi Thanks for your response!

I think I wasn't clear. Right now we use SSRS 2008 and ReportViewer 10.0.0.0.

When we have a dataset returned with more than 65K records, the report viewer works, but when I try to export to excel, it gives me an error:

Error Description: Excel Rendering Extension: Number of rows exceeds the maximum possible rows per sheet in this format; Rows Requested: 100013, Max Rows: 65536 (rrRenderingError)

The question I am trying to ask is: does Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services provide me any way to allow the export to excel to produce up to a million rows or more (like Excel 2007 - xlsx allows).

Thanks so much for your helpful replies!

Regards

Daniel

Hi,

You should export to xlsx format not xls format because it is a limited format.

XLSX is a newer format and it should handle more than 65K rows easily.

Hi ,

We have added new feature for exporting more than 1000000+ rows.

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.8.0.1 (SSRS 2008).

XlSX format should handle more than 65K rows easily.

But if you must want to export xls format, please try update performance configure at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

=======================================================================

======================================================================

Thanks, I now have created my Excel Aspose RDL and Published it to my Report Server. However, in Report Manager, when I run the report, I still only see the standard SSRS export options, I don’t see the option to export to xlsx.

What do I need to do in order to be able to export to excel in xlsx format from the ReportManager after running the report?

Thanks

Daniel

<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

1. Hi,

1. If you still do not see data extensions, please manual install.

a. Register the Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services as a rendering extension.

i. Open ${MS SQL Server for Reporting Services}\ReportServer\rsreportserver.config

ii. Add the following lines into the …… element:

==================================================================================================================

==============================================================================================