Picture (.gif) works in Excel2002 (XP) but not in Excel97 (NT)

Using:

ExcelApplication.Save(File, Aspose.Excel.FileFormatType.Excel97)

PicturePos = WorkBookSheet.Pictures.Add(RowNumber, ColumnNumber, ImagePath)
Picture = WorkBookSheet.Pictures(PicturePos)

The .gif pictures are displayed fine in Excel2002, but in Excel97 the pictures are created but not shown. They are blank. I can select the pictures, but they contain nothing.

Really a strange problem. I will investigate it right now.

Have you successfully inserted pictures in both Excel2002 and Excel97 earlier?

It is a very important factor in the purchase consideration. If it can be solved within a reasonable timeframe, my company will purchase the unlimited version. Is it possible to say if a solution is in the very near future?

Sorry for not reply early. But I didn’t find the problem in my machine. Could you email your file to me? And what’s the version of your Aspose.Excel?

I have sent the Excel files to excel@aspose.com

Hi,

I got the file and found the problem. I will fix it ASAP. Thanks.

Hi,

This problem is fixed. Please download the latest hotfix and have a try.

Great!! Thank you for the speedy solution.

We are experiencing the problem again. We can not find a version in our SourceSafe that works, so we suspect the version of Aspose.Excel. We are using version 1.9.6.2 but we are pretty sure that it worked with version 1.9.2.3.

Can you see if the changes made for the hotfix concerning this problem has been implemented in version 1.9.6.2 also?

I’ve sent you 2 examples, so you can see the difference between Excel2002 and Excel97.

The .gif pictures are displayed fine in Excel2002, but in Excel97 the pictures are created but not shown. They are blank. I can select the pictures, but they contain nothing.

Hi,

I test it in my machine and don’t find the problem.

Do you use FileFormatType.Excel97 option? Please download v2.0 and have a try.

I will also make a further investigation for this issue.

Do you use the gif files you sent me before? And could you send me your code for creating your Excel97 file?

Sorry for any inconvenience.

We’ve recently made a change to stream the document to the client instead of keeping the document on the server and unfortunately the fileformat has been changed to:

‘FileFormatType.default’ instead of 'FileFormatType.Excel97’

Now it works both in Excel2002 and Excel97.

Sorry to have wasted your time, but thanks for the quick reply.