Number formats lost when exporting to Excel 2007

Hello,
I was trying out the Reporting Services extension. I noticed that when we export to Excel 2007 format using ASPOSE, the number formats are lost (like negative numbers in parenthesis and negatives in red etc.). Is there any fix to this as this is almost a showstopper as we are almost certain to purchase the product.

Thanks,
Sayantan

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose and your posting.

Please provide your RDL report and export in PDF format as well as export in Xls/Xlsx format. Please mention the version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services you are using.

We have lately released couple of new fixes, you can find them on this post. Please see if the latest one works fine.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, sending the RDLs and exports will take some time as all sensitive details need to be removed.
The problems are simple: Negative numbers are formatted with Read and parenthesis () which is appearing fine when I use the default export to Excel 2003 of SSRS. When using the Aspose export to 2007, the negatives are all black and loose the parenthesis (instead they have the negative sign at the beginning).

I was using the version 1.7.0.0. I now tried with version 1.7.0.26.
In the new version the parenthesis is preserved! (bingo!) but the Red colours of the negative numbers are not there :(
The extension needs to preserve the colours for conditional formatting also. Can this be done?

Thanks,
Sayantan

PS: We are using SSRS 2008 R2 on 64 bit

Hi,

Thanks for providing this information.

I have logged your issue in our database. We will get back to you once it is fixed.

Also, what you could do is to make simple RDL file to replicate the issue if it is not much a problem and post here. Also, If we needed the file, we will update you again.

This issue has been logged as CELSSREP-28437.

Thanks Shakeel. Hope you hear from your team soon about the fix.

Regards,
Sayantan

Hi ,

Please try the latest version v1.7.0.31 and reference following content to modify Performance configure at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

===================================================================================================

===================================================================================================

Please post simple report file here.

Or tell us Negative numbers details format.

e.g.

true

true

$ #,##0;($ #,##0)

Textbox3

http://www.aspose.com

1.54042in

3.26958in

0.25in

1in

None

=iif( Fields!PercentValue.Value >0,"Blue","Red")

2pt

2pt

2pt

2pt

We will check it and fix the issue.

Hi Shakeel,
Thanks for your reply. I will try this new version out and will also try to post the format for a negative number. But, can we turn on the conditional formatting ON for all reports rather than for selected ones, as all the reports have conditonal negative number formatting.
Will this have an impact on the performance?

Regards,
Sayantan

Hi Shakeel,
Here’s the code for one of the textboxes in question.

true
true

=Fields!Amount.Value

Verdana
8pt
#,0.00;(#,0.00)
=iif(Fields!Amount.Value<0,“Red”,“Blue”)

rd:DefaultNameAmount</rd:DefaultName>

Solid

2pt
2pt
2pt
2pt

Hi,

Thanks for your input. I have added your comment in our database. We will update you soon.

Hi ,

We had found the issues and fixed it .

Please try the fixed version Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.7.0.32 (SSRS 2008 R2).

Please recover default performance configure for Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file .

===============================================================

Thanks a lot Shakeel for your support on this issue. I will test with the new version and share the results with you.

Best regards,
Sayantan

Hi Shakeel,
I tested out the new version 1.7.0.32 but I do not think the issue was fixed. The cells formatted RED using conditional formatting for negative numbers are still coming out as Blue when exported in 2007 excel format.

Am I using the correct version?

Regards,

Sayantan

Hi,

Please give us your sample RDL file and output Excel file to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We had tested your issue with the latest version (V1.7.0.34) and did not find your issue.

Please download: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.7.0.34 (SSRS 2008 R2)

Update Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll which is at following folder:

${ SSRS 2008 R2 installation folder}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

And check Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll version.

Check your performance configuration . Is it the same as following context?

We are enclosing our test report define file and exported file. Please check them.

If your issue still exists, please post Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml and RDL file here.

We will checked them.

Hi Shakeel,
Sorry for the delayed response. I tested the issue with your new build of 1.7.0.34 but it was not resolved. I am attaching a test pack so that you can replicate the issue. The pack contains a screen shot of the test report, the report RDL and Excel exports using SSRS default Excel renderer and the Aspose renderer. The negative numbers should come in RED in the Excel export. This is where the Aspose renderer is failing.

I really appreciate your help and support in resolving this.
Thanks,
Sayantan

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback with sample files (RDL, Excel files and a screen_shot).

I have reopened your issue, we will look into it soon.

Thank you.
Hi,

We have tested your provided report define file. It is OK when we modify performance configuration in the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file. So, at first, please try to modify performance configuration in the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

Please refer to the following context to modify the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

=============================================

Then, please try the latest version(1.7.0.42) for SSRS2008 R2.
PS : you must update performance configuration in the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

If you still face any issue, please post the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml and Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log file here.

We will check them as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please see the configuration text highlighted in red.

<Performance value=“ON” IsAutoRowFit =“True” IsMerged=“True” IsSetStyle=“False” IsConditionalFormatting =“False”>

<SetStyle value=" False "/>

Hi Shakeel,

I modified the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml and got the desired results. Thanks for your help. I would also want know if there are any side effects of this change in the config file.
Also, can you share the download link of 1.7.0.42 version for SSRS 2008 R2 so that we can do a full round of testing with your latest build before purchasing the stack.

Thanks again for your continuous help and support.

Regards,
Sayantan
Hi,

There would be no significant issue doing this change. You may apply it without any issue.
Please find attached the latest version / fix v1.7.0.42.

Thank you.