Long time to save

Hi,

Am trying to save the attached ods file to xls file. But it takes very very long time to save xls file. I think it’s taking more than 6 mins to save xls file. Please help me. I need to fix this immediately.

Regards,
Santhosh

And also, in the output xls file data is wrong compared to the input file. In the output file, sheet “Constituency wise Candidates and Results” contains the data of the sheet “Candidates Votes and Percentage” all the remaining sheets data also wrong. Check the input and output file. This is a serious issue. I need to fix this immediately. Please help me in this regard.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi Santhosh,

I have tried your scenario related to performance of saving ODS to XLS with below source code.

JAVA
Workbook book = new Workbook();
long startOpen = System.currentTimeMillis();
book.open(“C:\temp\input-santhosh.ods”);
long StartelapsedTimeMillis = System.currentTimeMillis()-startOpen;
System.out.println(“Opening (sec):” + StartelapsedTimeMillis/1000F);
long startSave = System.currentTimeMillis();
book.save(“c:\temp\out.xls”,FileFormatType.EXCEL97TO2003);
long SaveelapsedTimeMillis = System.currentTimeMillis()-startSave;
System.out.println(“Saving (sec):” + SaveelapsedTimeMillis/1000F);

These are my results in seconds. My machine is core i7 with 6GB of RAM.
Opening (sec):8.331
Saving (sec):1.007

Hi again,

I have verified your other issue as well with Aspose.Cells for JAVA 2.5.3.8. Right now I am downloading the latest release that is v2.5.4 to verify the results using this latest version. If the problem persists, I will log an issue in our bug tracking system. Hopefully soon we will fix it.
Thank you for your patience.

Hi,

We have verified that the same issue [as in post 307208] exists with latest version of Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.4. So we have logged this issue in our bug tracking system under Ticket ID CELLSJAVA-27925. Soon we will get back to you on this.

Thank you.

Hi,

I need this fix immediately. Any update on this? This is a serious issue for us.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi,

We have already marked this issue with high priority. But I am afraid, we do not have any updates on it. As soon as we get any news from Development Team, we will post it here.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

We will provide you the fix by Thursday. Thank you.

Ok, thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed your said issue in Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.4.1 [attached]. Please try this latest JAR and let us know of your feedback.

Thank you.