Custom XML Parts

Hello

Does Aspose.Cells support reading and writing CustomXMLParts from an Excel workbook? I've looked through the documentation and don't see it anywhere, but wanted to check here first before giving up the search.

Thanks
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Can you please explain more about CustomXMLParts? Please attach some sample xls/xlsx file with your desired features. I will look into it if such a feature is available or not.

CustomXMLParts are a way of storing custom data inside the Excel workbook for automation or custom addins.

I would like to be able to navigate those parts and extract them to rebuild objects based on the data without starting Excel.

I've attached a document that should contain the same XML as described in the following MSDN article: `http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb398244.aspx`

Thanks
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

This feature is not available. But, I have logged this feature for investigation with id: CELLSNET-24966.

Any update on this feature request? I've recently come across a similar need to use CustomXMLParts to pass custom data to a VSTO add-in. Currently I am doing this by stuffing a serialized string of data in a hidden sheet, but I'm running into limitations with this approach.

Thx!
Jim

Hi Jim,

There is no update for this issue. Once, we will have any update for it, we will let you know.

Came across this request. Wondering if there is any further status since March 2011? Also, has any request been made for CustomXMLParts in PowerPoint?

Thank you,
Michael

Hi,

I am afraid, the feature is not supported yet for Excel spreadsheets. We have re-scheduled it and logged a new ticket for it with an id: CELLSNET-41151 into our new Issue tracking system. Our concerned developer will analyse it soon. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.
Hi,

michaeldreed:
Also, has any request been made for CustomXMLParts in PowerPoint?

Thank you,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Please post a query in Aspose.Slides forum for this. The Aspose.Slides team will help you soon there.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.3.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41151) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.