Issue in converting pptx to pdf using websphere 8.5

Our Java application uses ASPOSE version 14 for PDF conversion. We are facing some issue converting a specific pptx (Refer attachment) to pdf , when app is hosted on websphere 8.5.

API used is as below

Presentation pres = new Presentation(sourcePath);

The control does not come out of this code and pdf conversion also does not happen. Request to check if this is a known bug

Hi,

Thank you for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirements and presentation file shared by you. I am getting a presentation repair message every time I try to open that file using PowerPoint. Are you observing the same on your side. I request you to please share the presentation file once again with us such that there is not any problem with the presentation file and then I may proceed to investigate the issue reported by you to help you out. Also, I request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 15.5.1 on your side before you share your valuable feedback with us.

Best Regards,

I have placed the attachment again. We do not face any issues while opening the pptx document either using MS Office 2010 or 2013. Let us know which MS Office is being used for opening this document?

Is there any bug that was addressed in version 15.5?We shall try latest version 15.5.1 only if this is already addressed in that version.

Hi,

I have observed your comments and like to share that when I try to open the presentation MS PowerPoint 2013, every time I see repair message as you can see in the attached screenshot in the title bar. That is why I requested you to share it once again. I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have not been able to reproduce the issue as specified by you. I have attached the generated PDF for your kind reference. I request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 15.5.1 and if the issue persists then let us know, we will be happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Hi, please make a note of the fact that we are getting this problem only when app is hosted on websphere 8.5.

Following is the exception in the app log

[7/27/15 13:27:05:833 IST] 00000055 JobRunShell E org.quartz.core.JobRunShell run Job DEFAULT.PrintTaskJob threw an unhandled Exception:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
at com.aspose.ms.pbdb106a0.p7cce53cf.a.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.ms.pbdb106a0.p7cce53cf.a.read(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.ImageReader.read(ImageReader.java:951)
at com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pf4dd765c.pbdb106a0.pbdb106a0.pf4dd765c.a.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pf4dd765c.pbdb106a0.pbdb106a0.pf4dd765c.a.try(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pbdb106a0.pa2137a2a.b.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pbdb106a0.pa2137a2a.b.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pbdb106a0.pa2137a2a.b.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.p883e881b.am.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.ImageCollection.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.ImageCollection.addImage(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.asa.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.asb.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.asb.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.(Unknown Source)
at com.arisglobal.PrintingHelper.convertPPTAsPDF(PrintingHelper.java:315)

Hi,

I have observed the issue shared by you. Can you please first try to create a sample java console application in your environment and see if api works in your environment for given presentation. If it works in sample java console application but failing when deployed in websphere then issue is related to environment setting on your end. It may be possible that Aspose.Slides jar file is not properly referenced in your application. You can perform one more thing in your application by simply executing the following code and nothing more to see if the jar file is properly referenced in your application or not.

Presentation pres=new Presentation();
pres.save(“test.pptx”,SaveFormat.Pptx);
pres.save(“test.pdf”,SaveFormat.Pdf);

I hope the shared information will be helpful to troubleshoot the issue on your end.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

We have created sample java application and already tried converting to pdf. It is succesfully converting to pdf. The problem is only with one specific pptx document and only on Websphere 8.5. Hence we do not see the question of improper reference of Aspose.Slides jar file in websphere environment applicable only for one single pptx document.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the additional details. Can you please share if this is the presentation that is creating issue on your end. I am assuming the same presentation is creating issue on your end even in sample console application as well. Please share the Java and operating system details with us so that I may add ticket for investigation in our issue tracking system along with sample code used on your end to reproduce the issue.

Many Thanks,