Text being cutoff with Google's Noto Fonts

Hi,

We’re trying to use the Noto Sans CJK JP Bold and Noto Sans CJK JP Light fonts from google available here: https://www.google.com/get/noto/#sans-jpan

However, we’ve noticed two problems when rendering the document:
1) The top of the text is being cutoff no matter what font size is set. It looks like the rendered character is a little bit too big, and gets cut off.
2) The Noto Sans CJK JP Light font has some rendering issues with the kanji. It is overlapping two different characters even though the text is the same in all the lines.

static void CutoffText()
{
// Added document
var doc = new Document();
var page = doc.Pages.Add();
page.PageInfo.Width = PageSize.PageLetter.Width;
page.PageInfo.Height = PageSize.PageLetter.Height;
page.PageInfo.Margin = new MarginInfo(27, 27, 27, 27);

var newText1 = new TextFragment(“THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG 1234567890 ひらがな カタカナ 漢字”);
newText1.TextState.Font = FontRepository.FindFont(@“Noto Sans CJK JP Bold”);
newText1.TextState.FontSize = 10;

var newText2 = new TextFragment(“THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG 1234567890 ひらがな カタカナ 漢字”);
newText2.TextState.Font = FontRepository.FindFont(@“Noto Sans CJK JP Light”);
newText2.TextState.FontSize = 10;

var newText3 = new TextFragment(“THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG 1234567890 ひらがな カタカナ 漢字”);
newText3.TextState.Font = FontRepository.FindFont(@“Noto Sans CJK JP Bold”);
newText3.TextState.FontSize = 6;

var newText4 = new TextFragment(“THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG 1234567890 ひらがな カタカナ 漢字”);
newText4.TextState.Font = FontRepository.FindFont(@“Noto Sans CJK JP Light”);
newText4.TextState.FontSize = 6;

page.Paragraphs.Add(newText1);
page.Paragraphs.Add(newText2);
page.Paragraphs.Add(newText3);
page.Paragraphs.Add(newText4);

doc.Save(“CutoffText.pdf”);
}

dfactset:
1) The top of the text is being cutoff no matter what font size is set. It looks like the rendered character is a little bit too big, and gets cut off.
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-41562 in our issue tracking system.
dfactset:
2) The Noto Sans CJK JP Light font has some rendering issues with the kanji. It is overlapping two different characters even though the text is the same in all the lines.
I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce same problem. For the sake of correction, I have separately logged it as PDFNET-41563 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of these problems and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

I was doing some more testing with this, and the problem doesn’t seem limited to just the noto sans font family. I’ve been able to reproduce the problem with kanji from Arial Unicode MS, Meiryo, and some open source [M+ fonts](http://mplus-fonts.osdn.jp/about-en.html). Different fonts seem to be cutoff more noticeably.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing the details.

The information has been associated with earlier reported issue and we will surely consider these scenarios during the resolution of this problem. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding their resolution, we will let you know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-41562) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.5.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.