Aspose.Slides Merging Issue

In our project we are merging different SSRS Reports into single file bases on selected format i.e. PDF, PPT, PPTX and Excel.

In ‘Engagement Score’ report, we have disabled the border of the table in design mode by applying BorderStyle to ‘None’ and this report is rendering fine i.e. without border, when we export the report in PPT/PDF/Excel format from Report Manager itself but when we are merging same report with other reports in our .NET Application by using ‘Aspose.Slides.Presentation then border is getting visible in PPT/PPTX format while it is working as expected when we are merging it with other reports in PDF(using Aspose.Pdf) and EXCEL(using Aspose.Cells) format.

We are using Aspose.Slide.dll v15.4.0.0 to merge multiple SSRS reports into a single PPT/PPTX file and please find the attachment for the RDL file & exports sample.

Kindly fix this issue ASAP as this is impacting our live clients

Hi Dan,

I have observed the issue and images shared by you. What I have perceived is that when you are exporting the report with BorderStyle to None the exported PPT/PDF and Excel files are rendering fine. The issue arise when you merge the exported presentation (without border) using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.4.0, you are getting border appearing in merged presentation. If this is the problem statement, then I request you to please share the RDL file with data source, generated PPT/PPTX file from report server without border, sample .NET application in which you are merging the exported report with source presentation and getting the output with border reappearing, generated merged presentation and source presentation.

I will be able to investigate the issue further once the requested information will be shared.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Yes, your understanding is correct and we are sharing you the files which you have requested. Please find the attachment for the same and below are the attachment details:

· Folder RDL – Contains the RDL file and for data source - we are using dynamic connection string to connect with database which we are getting in the form of report parameter.

· Folder ReportManager – Contains the exported files from the Report Manager in PDF/PPT/PPTX and EXCEL format.

· Folder MergeFile – Contains the final merged presentation (which has border issue)

· .NET application – Below function is being used in loop to merge multiple SSRS report into single presentation file and then we are using Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Save(stream, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Ppt) to save the file.

public override Aspose.Slides.Presentation MergeReport(Aspose.Slides.Presentation parentPpt, byte[] child)
{
    try
    {
        log.Info("Merge report as PPTX presentationEX");

Aspose.Slides.Presentation childPpt = null;
        using (Stream stream = new MemoryTributary(child))
        {
            childPpt = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(stream);
        }

for (int i = 0; i < childPpt.Slides.Count; i++)
        {
            parentPpt.Slides.AddClone(childPpt.Slides[i]);
        }

return parentPpt;
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
        log.Error("Error occured in MergeReport method (PPTX) " + ex.Message);
        throw ex;
    }
}

Do let us know, if you need any more information.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for sharing the feedback. As requested earlier please also share the source presentation (parent presentation) in which you are merging the presentation exported from your report. Please share the information so that I may start investigation on my end.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Please find the attachment for the ‘Source RDL & Presentation’ folder containing source presentation files in which we are merging the presentation exported from Engagement Score report.

Thanks,

Hi Dan,

I have worked with the presentation files shared by you and have been able to observe the issue when saving the presentation as PPT. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-36509 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. For the time being, I suggest you to please try saving the cloned merged presentation as PPTX as it is rendered fine. For your kind reference, I have also attached the merged presentation and used sample code as well.

public static Presentation MergeReport(Aspose.Slides.Presentation parentPpt, Presentation childPpt)
{
    try
    {
        for (int i = 0; i < childPpt.Slides.Count; i++)
        {
            parentPpt.Slides.AddClone(childPpt.Slides[i]);
        }

return parentPpt;
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
        throw ex;
    }
}
////

public static void TestCloneIssue()
{
    String path =@"D:\Aspose Data\Files";

Presentation pres = new Presentation();

List files = new List();
    files.Add(path + "WithImage_1.ppt");
    files.Add(path + "ResponseRateUnitComparison.ppt");
    files.Add(path + "WithImage_2.ppt");
    files.Add(path + "EngagementScore.pptx");

pres = MergeReport(pres, new Presentation(files[0]));
    pres = MergeReport(pres, new Presentation(files[1]));
    pres = MergeReport(pres, new Presentation(files[2]));
    pres = MergeReport(pres, new Presentation(files[3]));

pres.Slides.RemoveAt(0);
    pres.Save(path +"Mergedpres.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);
    pres.Save(path + "Mergedpres.ppt", SaveFormat.Ppt);
}

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

But this is to inform you that many of our clients are using only PPT format. So, it would be highly appreciated if you could resolve the border issue in PPT ASAP.

Thanks

Hi Dan,

I like to share that the issue has just been shared with us and our product team will schedule the issue for investigation and resolution on its due turn. We will share the good news with you as soon as it will be shared by our product team after resolution of the issue. I will really appreciate your patience in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Could you please share the update and timelines by when issue resolution would be available to us.

Thanks,

Hi Dan,

I have verified the issue status from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue has just recently been created and is in waiting queue at the moment. Our product team will schedule and investigate the issue on its turn and after that we will be able to share the further feedback with you in this regard. We will really appreciate your patience till the time our product team share further feedback in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Could you please share the update on the issue resolution and how long would it take to fix the issue.

It would be highly appreciable, if you could make the fix available to us ASAP, as currently this is impacting our live clients.

Thanks

Hi Dan,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that issue is still unresolved. I have requested our product team to share their feedback in this regard. I will share the updates with you as soon as they will be shared by our product team.

Many Thanks,

Any Update?

Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue is still unresolved and scheduled for investigation during Week 29. I will share the updates with you as soon as it will be shared by our product team.

Many Thanks,

Any Update?

Thanks

Hi Dan,

I have verified the issue status from our issue tracking system and like to share that the concerned issue has been marked as resolved in upcoming Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.6.0. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the product will be available online.

Many Thanks,

Good to hear Mudassir. Do you have a timeframe for this release?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.6.0 will be released by end of July 2015. We will share the notification with you as soon as the product will be available online.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36509) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.