Add Tooltip to a cell using the Aspose.Cells APIs and XML

Is it possible to add a tooltip to a cell using the aspose api using XML syntax?
My ftl file looks like t his

SomeText

If so could you show a quick example? Can you show me how i can add a tooltip to my segment or cell?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please let us know what do you call tooltip in terms of your XML or Excel. Please see the attached sample Excel file and its screenshot. There is a comment inside the cell. If you move your cursor there, it will show itself, so it is also a sort of tooltip.

Do you need this or something else? If you need something else, then please provide us a sample Excel file or XML. You can create one using Microsoft Excel and attach it here for our reference.

Yes, this is the tooltip i need.

Also, it should be Not editable. I tried annotation but that is editable. Is there any way to make this ready only?

<Attachment AttachmentType=“Note”
NoteContent=“This is a test for note popup window positioning.”
NoteHeading=“Test” IsNoteOpen=“true”
NoteWindowPositioningType=“Absolute”
NoteWindowLeft=“100” NoteWindowTop=“100”
NoteWindowWidth=“160” NoteWindowHeight=“100”>

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Based on all the information you provided,

Is it possible to add a tooltip to a cell using the aspose api using XML syntax?

No, it is not possible to add a tooltip with Aspose.Cells using XML syntax.

Besides, XML contains Data, which is imported into Excel (i.e. XLS, XLSX etc.) files.

Also, Excel file can be saved into XML format called SpreadsheetML which is actually a format in the syntax of XML. Please see this screenshot for a reference.