We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

£ (pound) sign (and others) does not print correctly in PdfFileMend addtext

I am using the PdfFileMend object within aspose.pdf.kit to add text to existing PDF : paraphrasing the code I have something like :

ft = New FormattedText("Testing £1234 - £23.45", Black,Aspose.Pdf.Kit.FontStyle.Helvetica, EncodingType.Winansi, False, 18)
' Mendor is a valid 'PdfFileMend' object
Mendor.AddText(ftext, 1,100,100)

I am printing quite a lot of text in the document and most of it is just fine. The problem being that the £ sign prints over the following character and the dash "-" doesn't print at all :(

Any ideas how this can be rectified ?

Regards Tony Smith

Hi Tony,

I have tested this issue at my end using the latest version and a sample file, but couldn’t notice any problem. Can you please share a problematic PDF file with us, so we could test the issue using your particular scenario?

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Thanks for your response Shahzad

I wonder if it is a version problem .. I suspect the version I am developing with could be out of date. I an new to aspose And am not familiar with the licensing scheme : could I download the latest version and still my use client's existing License file ??

I that doesn't work I will as you suggest send you an example pdf

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

You can upgrade to the latest versions with in a year of your license subscription. If you want to upgrade to a version that is released after one year of your license subscription then you’ll have to renew your license as well. You can always download the latest version from this link.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Shahzad

I have confirmed that this , and the problem of coordinates , were an issue with an earlier version of the PDF.kit - we are upgrading to the latest release to cure the problems.

Thanks for your response on this anyway

Tony

Hi Tony,

I’m glad to know that your issue is resolved with the latest version. If you find any more questions or need further assistance, please do let us know.

Regards,