.net 4.0

Do you support .NET?

Do you support 32 and 64 bit platforms?

Please let me know if followings are possible.

We create the Bitmap stream from TIFF and PDF file. We would like to pass that Bitmap to your Barcode toolkits and get results back from the Bitmap.

We would like to know Type,PosX, PosY, width, Height, confidence,text and data.

My number is 2054083573 or cell 2055664328.

Thank you

Hi Arif,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose products.

Aspose.BarCode for .NET component is fully compatible with 32bit and 64bit platforms. Also when you download and install this component, you will notice that we have provided separate assemblies for all versions of .NET Framework (starting from 1.1 to 4.0).

BarCodeReader is the main class that has the functionality to recognize the barcode from an image. You can get the CodeText and BarCodeType by just calling its member methods. Please also check out our online documentation for Supported Image formats and a Technical Article on the subject of Regions. That will help you get the required information like position of barcode in image, its width and height.

Please get the latest version from the download section (link shared above) and give our product a try. If you want to use the component in licensed mode then you can also acquire a 30 day temporary license.

Please feel free to write back.

Useful links,
Product Overview
Working with Aspose.BarCode Recognition
Technical Articles

Question:

"We would like to pass that Bitmap to your Barcode toolkits and get results back from the Bitmap."

Answer:

BarCodeReader is the main class that has the functionality to recognize the barcode from an image. You can get the CodeText and BarCodeType by just calling its member methods. Please also check out our online documentation for Supported Image formats and a Technical Article on the subject of Regions. That will help you get the required information like position of barcode in image, its width and height.
You are very helpful. I would like to get more clear answer on my question. I would like to write a component that uses your barcode toolkits. Then I would like to call that component from my Application and pass the "Bitmap" (not the physical file path) to read the barcode from the Bitmap.

Do you support DataMatrix Barcode from TIFF and PDF?

I am checking your demo on your webpage and I do not see any Datamatrix type.

http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.barcode/vb.net/barcode-reader/linear-2d-postal.aspx

I see the Datamatrix…I missed it. Please answer my previous question.

Hi,

Please find attached a console application in an archive, exhibiting the capability of Aspose.BarCode for .NET to recognize DataMatrix from an image stream. The sample Bitmap and Aspose.BarCode assembly are included in the package.

Our component can only read Code39 in evaluation mode so you will require a temporary license to read the sample. Please uncomment the licensing code and set the .lic file that you receive as a temporary license.

[Edited] BarCodeReader take only images as its input. If you have your barcode on a PDF file, you can use PdfExtractor to extract images from PDF and then feed the images to BarCodeReader.

Hope this helped.

Hi Baboar

What components and package do I need to download to get this running? I need to test Barcode recognition for Datamatrix and image is coming from the Image stream. I am using C# using .NET 4.0.

Please let me know ASAP. I need to build this to get approval to buy your license.

Hi,

I assuming that you haven’t yet tried the sample project attached to my last post. That is a working Visual Studio 2010 console application that can recognize DataMatrix from an image stream. I have also included the Aspose.BarCodeRecognition assembly in the bin folder. Rest of the referencing namespaces are available in .NET Framework 4.0.

If you are getting an error then please share that.

I have tried the sample you sent me. I get following error (File Attached). It says Evaluation only allows Code39 only. So I need temporary lics for the Datamatrix recognition.

If you can send me trmporary trial license file then I can try to read the datamatrix barcode. I need to be sure that we can read datamatrix.

Please let me know as soon as you can.

Hi,

Please follow the instructions given at below link to acquire the temporary license,
http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/temporary-license.aspx

Ok. I got the lic files. Where do I put them to get this working? You help will be very much appreciate.

Hi,

Please uncomment the below source code lines from the project shared earlier. Place the license file
(.lic) anywhere on your machine (most preferably, in bin folder of the project) and pass the path to license in SetLicense method. Please also check the Technical Article on Licensing for your reference.

C#
Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License licRec = new Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License();
licRec.SetLicense(@“C:\temp\Aspose.Barcode.lic”);

Note: Above source code lines set the license for Recognition purpose only.

Hi

I got the temp lic and I got this to work but I am still have few issue.

1) I was able to read your Datamatrix bmp file.

2) It read the Datamatrix barcode I have but it was very slow and it gave me the first charecter but not the full value.

Am also adding a screen shoot that shows you what we read from the barcode.

Is it because I am using trial version.

Files attached.

Barcodetest2 is the Tiff with the Datamatrix Barcode.

SungardDAtaMatrix.PNG is the screen shoot where you can find the value we get and we want to get.

Hi Arif,

Temporary license is a full functional license that is valid for a short period of time. Your incorrect results are not due to the temporary license. There could be several other reason like distortion of image while scanning and printing process. Anyway, I have logged an investigative ticket (Id: BARCODENET-33122) in our tracking system to probe further into this issue.

We will keep you posted with updates on this.
Regards,

Can you email me when you have somthing? Please email me to arif.mahmood@sungard.com

Hi,

Once this issue is resolved, you will be notified via this thread.

Regards,

Do you have an update on this issue?

Hi Arif,

I have just received the updated on this issue. The initial investigation shows that your provided image couldn’t be scanned due to two reasons.
  1. The image quality is very poor due to scanning on low resolution.
  2. The barcode is rotated at some angle less than 90 degree. Aspose.BarCode component can easily detect/scan barcodes that are rotated on 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
Combination of above two is making difficult for BarCodeReader to detect/scan the barcode properly. We are still looking into it and will keep you posted with updates.

Will it be possible for your to share the same document after scanning it some higher resolution?

please find another image with 300 DPI. Last image was 300 DPI also. Do you have image processor to make the images straight? This is how our clients scan and use. I do not see any Deskew on the image. I tried with other barcode readers and they are reading it fine.

Please let me know what you find.