When Converting Document from PDF to WORD Russian text is being added

We have aspose words 16.6 and Aspose PDF 11.7

When we open and save the word document and then open the word document in MS Word it states that the document contains Russian text.

We don’t see the russian text but when we do a document compare ALL of the fonts are shown as edited.

Is there a fix for this?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word/Pdf document.
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please create a simple Java application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we'll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip them and Click 'Reply' button that will bring you to the 'reply page' and there at the bottom you can include any attachments with that post by clicking the 'Add/Update' button.

I"m uploading all of the documents.

Documents (A and B) docx files were created from attached PDF files using Aspose PDF.

When we open the documents in Word for Windows 2016 (32 bit) there is a message at the top of the screen that says Russian Fonts are being used and to download the Russian proofing tools.

There are NO Russian Fonts being used in our process.

This is the code used to convert from PDF to DOCX.

String path = “c:\pdffonts”;
java.util.List list = com.aspose.pdf.Document.getLocalFontPaths();

list.add(path);

com.aspose.pdf.Document.setLocalFontPaths(list);

System.out.println(list);

Locale.setDefault(new Locale(“en”, “US”));
Document doc = new Document(“c:\DocumentA.pdf”);
Document doc2 = new Document(“c:\DocumentB.pdf”);

// Instantiate Doc SaveOptions instance
DocSaveOptions saveOptions = new DocSaveOptions();
// Set output file format as DOCX
saveOptions.setFormat(DocSaveOptions.DocFormat.DocX);
saveOptions.setMode(DocSaveOptions.RecognitionMode.Flow);

doc.save(“c:\DocumentA.docx”, saveOptions);
doc2.save(“c:\DocumentB.docx”, saveOptions);

doc.close();
doc2.close();

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Your query is related to Aspose.Pdf APIs. I am moving this thread to Aspose.Pdf forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Pdf team will reply you soon.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing the source document and code. I have tested the scenario and noticed the reported issue against DocumentB.pdf, MS Word 2016 identifies Russian text in resultant DOCX file. So we have logged a ticket PDFJAVA-36057 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as we resolve the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Is there a time frame for this this fix. Our license are coming up for renewl and we are not going to pay for software that is not working and unusable to provide documents to our customers.

Please let me know at least the time frame as soon as possible.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. I am afraid we can not share any timeline at the moment, as the issue is recently logged and it is still pending for investigation. As soon as investigation of the issue is completed then we will be in good position to share any ETA/workaround with you. We have recorded your concern and we will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

I can appreciate not being able to give a time frame.

Unfortunately
no one in management is going to approve the renewal of software that
is not working, and we are at a dead stop until these issues are
addressed/fixed.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your patience.

As we recently have noticed earlier reported issue, so its pending for review and is not yet resolved. However your concerns have been recorded with product team and as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

Please be patient and spare us little time.

I convinced management to renew our license.

Is there an update on the time line for this being fixed?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the earlier reported issue is still pending for review as we recently noticed this problem and the product team has been busy fixing other previously reported high priority issues. However the product team will surely consider investigating/fixing it as per their schedule and as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Thank you for response. My concern here is it sounds as if this issue is NOT a high priority problem and I don’t understand why.

It has rendered our ability to use the product to “useless” as we can no longer provide these documents to our customers.

Why would this NOT be considered a HIGH priority?

Hi Paul,

We do understand the criticallity of issue which you have been facing and every issue reported our clients is equal important as any other. However please note that issues are resolved in first come first serve basis as we believe its the fairest policy to all the customers (every customer is asking for a fix, as quickly as possible).

Nevertheless, your concerns have been shared with product team and I have asked them to look into this matter and as soon as WE have some further updates, we will let you know.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

It’s been two weeks since there has been any update. I would believe at this point that the problem would at the very least been reviewed and a prognosis and time line for a fix could be communicated. I need at the very least an estimate. This month, next month, by the end of the year, never. Something.

Hi Paul,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Our product team has scheduled your issue investigation in current week, we will be in a good position to share an ETA/update with you as soon as task is completed.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Thank you for the Update. We look forward to getting a fix for this issue as soon as possible.

We are also experiencing the same issue, and are very anxious to hear an ETA for resolution.

Hi Mary,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Our product team has fixed some related issues and working over the fix. We are coordinating with the team and will update you the ETA as soon it is available.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

mew:
We are also experiencing the same issue, and are very anxious to hear an ETA for resolution.
Hi Mary,

Thanks for contacting support.

Adding more to Tilal’s comments, the conversion issue may be dependent upon the structure of input document, so we request you to please share the input file, so that we can exclusively test this scenario and share our findings.

I see that version 11.9 dropped two weeks ago.

does that contain any fix that will address this issue ?