Convert Word Document to PDF using C++ over 32 bit x86 Target Platform Architecture

Edit: I’ve realized 18.11 doesn’t support PDF output. Do you know of any options for 32-bit programs to support Doc to PDF?

Original post:

I’m using the trial version of Aspose.Words.CPP, version 18.11. I’m using 18.11 because it’s the latest version that has 32-bit compatibility, which is a requirement for me.

I get an error when trying to save a Word document as a PDF:

Unhandled exception at 0x768819B2 in ConsoleApplication6.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: System::NotImplementedException at memory location 0x004FED08. occurred

This is the code I’m running:

Document *doc = new Document( System::String( L"<some directory>\\My Doc In.docx" ) );
doc->Save( System::String( L<some directory>\\My PDF Out.pdf" ) );

If I change the extension in the second line to .docx it saves correctly.

Thanks for any help.

@danieltobey,

We had 32-bit (x86) version of Aspose.Words for C++ previously, but it was decided to disregard 32-bit version and support only 64-bit (x64). Currently, it supports only 64-bit. However, we have logged this requirement to support 32-bit version again in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSCPP-805. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will inform you via this thread as soon as Aspose.Words for C++ starts to support 32-bit architecture again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your reply. I really like the product after working with the trial and would definitely purchase a license if x86/32-bit Words is added back.

@danieltobey,

We have logged your concern in our issue tracking system and will inform you via this thread as soon as the linked issue (WORDSCPP-805) will be resolved.

@danieltobey,

Regarding WORDSCPP-805, we are pleased to inform you that starting from the 20.11 version, Aspose.Words for C++ provides a 32-bit version of the library as well. Please try the latest version of Aspose.Words for C++.