18.4 .Net Cells - Signatures show up strangely in Shapes collection

Hi,

I’m attempting to work with signatures in an xlsx file but I’m running into some issues. In XLS, they show up in the shapes collection with the type Picture, and the corresponding name (in the examples provided, the name would be Picture 1 in the Name property). However, in xlsx files, the name is generated into something else – it appears to be \0s[sheetindex+1]### (in the example provided, it’s \0s1025) instead of Picture 1.

I’m assuming this is because of a change in the way signatures are handled between xls and xlsx, but is there a standardized way those last three numbers in the signature shape name are handled?

Thanks!
signature test.zip (16.2 KB)

@joeymilyli

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We have observed this issue as shown in the following screenshot and logged it in our database for evaluation. Once, we will have some information for you, we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-46141 - Standardized Way for Last Three Numbers in the Signature Shape Name

C#

Workbook wb1 = new Workbook("signature test.xls");
Workbook wb2 = new Workbook("signature test.xlsx");

string xlsName = wb1.Worksheets[0].Shapes[0].Name;
string xlsxName = wb2.Worksheets[0].Shapes[0].Name;

Console.WriteLine("XLS Name: " + xlsName);
Console.WriteLine("XLSX Name: " + xlsxName);

Screenshot:

@joeymilyli

This is to inform you, we have fixed this issue. We will share the fix with you in next few days after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@joeymilyli

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46141) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 18.6. Please also check the document/article for your reference: Install Aspose Cells through NuGet|Documentation