No line break on colon

Hello,

We have some data in format name:subname and they are listed in one field. But in exported docx there are no line breaks on colon therefore we have different page breaking.

I suppose line break already set in jprint and should be the same in pdf and docx.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. There is only once space between “Report Title” and “abc:abc:abc:abc:abc:abc:abc”. If you write the same text in MS Word document, you will get the same output.

Could you please share your .jrxml file along with data source here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

*tahir.manzoor:
If you write the same text in MS Word document, you will get the same output.

I understand that Word will do that, but the issue here is that jasper puts a line break on colon and I need exact same line break in .docx to preserve same pages in both formats.*

tahir.manzoor:
Could you please share your .jrxml file along with data source here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

I attached simple .jrxml that doesn’t need any data.

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the .jrxml file. You are getting the expected output document. If you export the document to PDF using iReport or JRPdfExporter, you will get the same output. Please check the attached output PDF.

Hi,

Sorry, I missed a configuration piece. We use
net.sf.jasperreports.export.pdf.force.linebreak.policy=true
setting to get line breaks in pdf as we got in Jasper.

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. Now, you are getting same output in PDF and Word documents. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words for JasperReports, we will be happy to help you.

tahir.manzoor:
Now, you are getting same output in PDF and Word documents.

The original problem still exists: jasper print exported into different pdf and docx. We have to force pdf line breaks to get predictable page breaks.

Hi there,

Please note that this is not a bug.

sergeiz:
I understand that Word will do that, but the issue here is that jasper puts a line break on colon and I need exact same line break in .docx to preserve same pages in both formats.

Could you please share the steps that you are using to generate the output PDF? It seems that you are not using the same .jrprint that you shared in this forum thread. Aspose.Words for JasperReports and JRPdfExporter generate the same output.

Please manually create your expected Word document using Microsoft Word and attach it here for our reference. We will then provide you more information on this.

*tahir.manzoor:
Aspose.Words for JasperReports and JRPdfExporter generate the same output.

We have “jasperreports.properties” file in the root of our resources that contains setting
net.sf.jasperreports.export.pdf.force.linebreak.policy=true

Can you try to generate pdf and docx it with this configuration.

I attached expected .docx file.*

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

We have logged a feature request as WORDSJR-216 in our issue tracking system to export static text in Word document using net.sf.jasperreports.export.pdf.force.linebreak.policy value. Our product team will look into the possibility of implementation of this feature. Once we have any information about this feature, we will inform you via this forum thread.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

tahir.manzoor:
We have logged a feature request as WORDSJR-216 in our issue tracking system to export static text in Word document using net.sf.jasperreports.export.pdf.force.linebreak.policy value.

Thank you!

Can you please extend it to regular text. I used static text to illustrate the issue.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We have updated the issue detail. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hello, this is a mission critical bugfix request for Aspose Words for Jasper reports. This is for Merck, who bought the Aspose licensed product.
Can we get reliable timelines for the update of Aspose Words library with this issue fixed?

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. Our developers work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, WORDSJR-216 is under analysis phase. Once our product team completes the analysis of this issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hello!

Do you have any update on WORDSJR-216 progress?

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid there is no ETA available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this issue.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Line Break issue: Jasper Reports