Accessing VbaModules breaks VbaProject in Java

I’m using aspose-cells 17.02.0 version and after accessing VbaModule via Aspose API resulting excel file has broken vba project. Example to reproduce is attached.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample and template file.

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.02.8

It should fix your issue as I tested it a bit.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi. I have tried Aspose.Cells for Java v17.02.8 , but has the same issues.

Hi,

I have attached the output file using your code in the “Main.java” file with v17.2.8, the Vba project(module) is there (in tact). Could you check what’s wrong with the file. Please make sure you are using latest version/fix: v17.2.8. Please provide more details and screenshots comparing it with template file, so we could evaluate your issue precisely.

Thank you.
Your excel file works fine, but I have checked twice my example with v17.2.8 and have same issues, output excel is attached. I'm using JDK 1.8.0_121, may be this is a reason.

Hi,

Thanks for the file.

That is strange as you get this issue. I noticed the issue by opening your file into MS Excel. Could you print the version number (at the start) to make sure you are using the correct Aspose.Cells Jar (see the sample line of code below). I am using JDK1.7 and we will try to test it on JDK1.8 soon. In the meantime, could you try on JDK1.6/1.7 and feed us back.
e.g
Sample code:

System.out.println("Aspose Cells version " + CellsHelper.getVersion());

Thank you.

I have tested example with JDK 1.7 and get the same result.

Your code prints “Aspose Cells version 17.02.8”.

Hi,

We were able to reproduce the issue on some other machines with JDK1.7. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42217” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42217”). We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket ID CELLSJAVA-42217, please download and try the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Cells for Java 17.3.2. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

Hi. I have tested Aspose.Cells for Java 17.3.2 and it works fine.

But now I have vba module compilation error if code contains variable defenition of type CommandBar after setting module code via Aspose Cells(see screenshot) . If the same code copy-pasted to the module or module was imported - all works fine. Example to reproduce is attached.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file and sample code.

We were able to observe this issue (as per your other thread) and have already logged it in our database. This issue has been logged as
  • CELLSJAVA-42250 - Compilation error if code contains definition of variable with type CommandBar

The issue is not resolved yet. Once we resolve it and have any new information, we will share it with you.

Thank you.

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42250”) is fixed now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Once the fix is available for public use, we will share the Download link here.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42250;CELLSJAVA-42217) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.