We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

1MB PowerPoint file takes 35 minutes- 5GB of RAM to open

Hi,

We have encountered a PPTX file which Aspose.Slides 16.1 struggles with. As described in the title, on my dev machine (i7 3770K, 16GB of RAM), this file takes over 5GB of RAM and 35 minutes to open with Aspose.Slides. PowerPoint 2013 opens and displays it in about 3 seconds using 110MB of RAM.

This is the code we’re using to open the file:

var stopwatch = new Stopwatch();
stopwatch.Start();
using (var presentation = new Presentation(“ASDFbig.pptx”))
{
stopwatch.Stop();
Console.WriteLine("Opened file in " + stopwatch.Elapsed);
Console.WriteLine(“Presentation contains " + presentation.Slides.Count + " slides”);
}

The slide seems to have a chart that was converted to a DrawingML shape.
That DrawingML contains about a million guide (<a:gd>) elements, most of them utterly useless (they define variables that are later redefined with no usage in between). Unfortunately, PowerPoint doesn’t remove the redundant guides when you open and resave the file. We’re currently working around this issue in our software by pre-processing files to remove redundant guides before handing the presentations off to Aspose to generate thumbnails.

The attached zip contains a Visual Studio solution and PPTX file to reproduce the issue.

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and worked with the data shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37271 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37271) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.