2003 XLS with PivotTables corrupted

Similar to Issue 18934 we have 2003 XLS files with PivotTables that, if opened and closed with Aspose.Cells 5.1.2, the PivotTables are corrupted. An example is attached.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@“foo\bar\Report_2395_1.xls”);
string tmpFileName = Path.ChangeExtension(Path.Combine(Path.GetTempPath(), Path.GetRandomFileName()), “xls”);
workbook.Save(tmpFileName, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);
Process.Start(tmpFileName);

The error given by Excel is: “PivotTable report ‘Foo’ on ‘[bar.xls]Baz’ was discarded due to integrity problems.”

Note that the PivotTables are in Version “xlPivotTableVersion10 = 1” according to VBA.

Opening and saving 2007 XLSX files with Pivot Tables in Version “xlPivotTableVersion12 = 3” mode is fine.

The previous version of Aspose.Cells v4.7.0 we used didn’t have this bug with 2003 XLS files - so I assume there’s some bug in the handling of the different versions of PivotTables.

Hi,

After an initial test, I can find the issue as you have mentioned. I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-19430.

We will figure it out soon.

Thank you.

The issue appears to be when the PivotTable cache contains stale data. A workaround is in Excel to right-click all the PivotTables > Choose PivotTable Options > Data > and Uncheck “Save source data with file”. For some reason doing this programmatically with Aspose.Cells’ “pivotTable.SaveData = false” doesn’t address the issue.

We’d rather this issue were fixed instead of relying on users to uncheck this box!

Actually that still doesn’t fix the issue if we have date grouping on a pivot field?!? :frowning:

Hi,

We are in process of fixed the issue. We will be able to provide the fix in next week.
Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Hi,

Please use the updated version of Aspose.Cells.dll v5.1.2.4 attached. The issue has been fixed.

Thanks,

XLS files are fine now - BUT this now causes Issue 18934 to reoccur - we can’t open/save the file when it’s in 2007 XLSX format.

To reproduce, save the XLS file I sent you previously as 2007 XLSX and update the sameple code to open and save as XLSX:

On opening in Excel 2007 I get the “Excel found unreadable content…” error followed by:

Removed Feature: PivotTable report from /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable4.xml part (PivotTable view)
Removed Feature: PivotTable report from /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable5.xml part (PivotTable view)
Removed Feature: PivotTable report from /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable6.xml part (PivotTable view)
Removed Records: Workbook properties from /xl/workbook.xml part (Workbook)

You have some serious regression issues here. We did not have these issues with Aspose.Cells 4.7.0, and we’re beginning to wonder why we renewed our license!

Hi can you acknowledge there’s still an issue?

Hi,

We acknowledge the issue. We are able to reproduce the issue by following the way you had specified. We apologize for your hassle. We are working on the issue. We will update you as soon as it is fixed.

Thanks,

Hi,

Please try the attached version. We have fixed your mentioned issue.

Thank you

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19430) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.