Category axis labels displayed in two lines after converting excel to ppt and pdf

Hi Team,

In my excel I’ve a chart with category axis labels displayed in single line.

After converting this .XLSX file to PPTX with OLE and PDF the category axis labels are displaying in two lines which is a strange behavior.

Please find attached the java code used to convert .xlsx to pptx with OLE and pdf formats, reports generated, .xlsx file used and also the genrated emf for your reference.

FYI, I’ve used below jars
  • Aspose.Cells for java v16.12.7
  • Aspose.Slides for java v16.7.0
Kindly look into this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for a fix.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42167 - Category axis labels displayed in two lines after converting chart to image

I have attached the output pdf of the following sample code showing the chart image for a reference.

Java
Workbook wb = new Workbook(dirPath + “LabelsInTwoLines.XLSX”);

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
opts.setOnePagePerSheet(true);

wb.save(dirPath + “o.pdf”, opts);

Hi Team,

May I know whether there is any update on the below issue :
  • CELLSJAVA-42167 - Category axis labels displayed in two lines after converting chart to image
Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

Hi,

The product team has scheduled your ticket now. Your issue will be analyzed in the next week and hopefully, it will be fixed before the end of next week (if the issue is not complex).

We will share an update once we complete the analysis.

Thank you.

Hi again,

This is to update you that the ticket logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-42167 has been marked resolved. We will shortly share the fix here for your testing.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.02.2 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Team,

I tried with the latest Aspose.Cells for Java v17.02.2 jar and still I’m able to replicate the issue.

Please find attached the .XLSX file used and also the generated emf, pptx, pdf files after conversion for your reference.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Your original issue logged with your original file is now fixed. Please check the attached output pdf. If you open it, you will find, category axis labels are on single lines now.

This is a separate issue because your files are now changed, so it will be logged in separate tickets. Although, we try to fix issue as general as possible, but still bugs remain, so your new files will help us fix this issue in more general way.

We will look into your issue further and log appropriate ticket for it and update you asap.

Thanks Team,

As you mentioned, the fix that you provided for the scenario that I had mentioned in the beginning is working fine.

Please look into the scenario that I shared recently. In the mean time if I come across any other scenarios will let you know for further investigation.

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We were able to observe your new issue and logged it as sub-task of your original issue.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42201 - Subtask1 - Category axis labels displayed in two lines after converting chart to image

I have also attached the output pdf generated with this code for a reference.

Java
Workbook wb = new Workbook(dirPath + “LabelsIssue.xlsx”);

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
opts.setOnePagePerSheet(true);

wb.save(dirPath + “CELLSJAVA-42201.pdf”, opts);

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your recently logged issue i.e. CELLSJAVA-42201 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Could you please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.2.4 (attached).

Your issue “CELLSJAVA-42201” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi Team,

I tested few sampled with Aspose.Cells for Java v17.2.4 jar from my end and its working fine now.
Will get back to you in case of any further issues on this.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out now. Hopefully the fix would pass all your test cases. Feel free to write us back in case of any issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42167;CELLSJAVA-42201) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.