Error when saving Cells Workbook with specific spreadsheet. "The xl/Embeddings/oleObject1.bin already exists in the zip archive."

I get the following exception when I try to save a workbook through Cells.Workbook. I’ve attached the spreadsheet in question.

"The xl/Embeddings/oleObject1.bin already exists in the zip archive."

We’re removing and adding some custom doc props, but I skipped over all of that code and the following causes this exception to be thrown.

app = New Workbook(m_filePath)

CType(app, Aspose.Cells.Workbook).CustomDocumentProperties.Clear()
CType(app, Aspose.Cells.Workbook).Save(m_filePath)

Not really sure what’s causing this.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found an exception: “The entry ‘xl/embeddings/oleObject1.bin’ already exists in the zip archive” when saving an Excel file by Aspose.Cells APIs:
e.g
Sample code:

Dim workbook As New Workbook(“e:\test2\10-Q-5250.155.xlsx”)
workbook.CustomDocumentProperties.Clear()
workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out1.xlsx”)

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45041” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.
Hi again,

This is to update you that the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-45041 has been marked resolved. We will shortly share the fix here for your testing.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.12.7:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.12.7 for .NET 2.0 (attached)
Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.12.7 for .NET 4.0 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad and Babar. I’ll give this a try and let you know if I have any additional issues.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45041) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45041) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)