Invalid Formula

I am getting a com.aspose.cells.CellsException when opening a certain xlsx file. The error message seems to imply that it is because of a poorly formed range name, however a very similar file opens without error.

Please see attached code and xlsx files.

The output I get when I run the program is as follows:

No error opening first workbook
Error opening second workbook:
com.aspose.cells.CellsException: Invalid formula:"=[1]!GoToSmallwks".

I would like to know if it is possible to open the file without throwing the exception, and if not what the difference between the two files is.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue as per your description and found your second workbook throws exception on opening.

We have logged this in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42101 - Invalid Formula exception on opening the excel file

I have also shown the exception generated by the following code with your sample excel file for a reference.

Java
Workbook wb = new Workbook(dirPath + “error_file_02.xlsx”);

Exception
Exception in thread “main” com.aspose.cells.CellsException: Invalid formula:"=[1]!GoToSmallwks".
at com.aspose.cells.zzm.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Name.i(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.NameCollection.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zaly.q(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zaly.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zalw.j(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zalw.d(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zalv.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zcab.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zcab.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.(Unknown Source)

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed this issue. But the file provided by you is corrupt and MS-Excel does not open it without repairing/recovering it.

Thanks for your quick response.

When you say you fixed the problem, is there an updated version of the library that will open the file?

The file I provided to you was originally from a customer, I’m not sure how they created it.

Hi again,

Yes, we will share the updated version of the API tomorrow or early next week after ensuring the quality and incorporating other enhancement.

Hi,

Any progress here? Is the new version ready for release yet?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Your issue has been fixed in 16.12.0 (It is an Official Release not a Hot Fix) which is about to be released in next few working days (3-7). Thanks for your patience and have a good day.

Once, it will be released, you will be automatically notified in this thread and you will be able to download it from this link.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42101) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.