Arrow lines in all diagrams get misplaced (CTS-4713)

Hi,

While converting attached excel file to pdf, we see that many arrow lines in almost all diagrams get totally misplaced resulting in the figure and text getting messed up.

1) Check Pg 1 for example, text ‘LARMA PERSONAL’ in center box gets overlapped by a line, on pg 2 text ‘715 och 718 kylning återställd’ at bottom right corner has been overlapped, other lines have been either broken or mis-placed, its thick-ness is uneven and different from source file. Same problem on all pages.

2) Besides that, there are other problems like text ‘1/7’ on Pg 1 at top right corner becomes ‘1/’.

3) On Pg 5, Boxes like ‘REAKTOR OCH’, ‘REAKTOR OCH’, ‘KONTROLLERA’ etc gets background, there is no background in source.

Please compare input and output thoroughly, and note down if there is any other problem too.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for sharing the samples.

I have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 16.10.6, and I am able to observe all 3 issues. Please find the ticket details as follow.

• CELLSJAVA-42052: Lines having arrows have been misplaced.
  • CELLSJAVA-42053: Contents in a TextBox have been clipped.
  • CELLSJAVA-42054: TextBoxes have rendered with unexpected background color.

I have attached the PDF generated with latest version so you could thoroughly check it.

Hi Babar,

This issues are critical for our customer. Would appreciate if you can keep its severity high.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Please note, all the tickets attached to this thread already have the highest priority that a normal support incident can have. However, I have requested the concerned member of the product team to schedule these incidents for analysis at earliest possible, and share the results as soon as preliminary analysis is complete. We will keep you posted with updates in this regard. Thank you for your patience.

Hi,

This is to update you that we are working over the issues and hopefully we will provide a fix before the end of next week for the following issues:
  • CELLSJAVA-42052: Lines having arrows have been misplaced.
  • CELLSJAVA-42053: Contents in a TextBox have been clipped.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

That’s good to know. Thanks for the update !

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

This is to update you that the tickets logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-42052 & CELLSJAVA-42053 have been marked resolved. We will shortly share the fix here for your testing.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v16.11.1 (attached).

Your issues “CELLSJAVA-42052 & CELLSJAVA-42053” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-42054 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi again,

Please try the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 16.11.3 for the issue logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-42054, and share your feedback.

Hi Babar,

Thanks for the update. I can see that all previously reported issues have been fixed. On the fist issue though, there was a problem with lines think-ness also along with its positioning. Positioning issue has got fixed, but un-even lines’ thinkness is still there, bcoz of that it doesn’t look smooth at intersection points like Office PDF output.

Besides that I have spotted another small issue. on Pg1 and Pg4 there is a box ‘Avsluta AOP 4’ with yello background, its effect has changed. Its 3D effect is lost in Aspose output. Please compare it with Office PDF.

Please see if both these minor issues can be fixed as well.

And let us know the tenative date for official release wherein this fix will be included. I suppose this is an unreleased package. We will have to wait for official release to arrive before we can check-in this package.

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is good to know that all previously logged issue have been resolved. Regarding your recent concerns, I have reevaluate the scenario against the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 16.11.4, and I am able to notice both mentioned issues. Please find the details as follow.

• I am able to notice that all lines do not have even thickness, especially at intersections. In order to further investigate the matter, I have logged this incident as CELLSJAVA-42079 in our bug tracking system. Attached are the screenshots highlighting a few occurrences of this problem.
  • Regarding the shadow/3D effects of the AutoShapes containing text “Avsluta AOP 4”, I am afraid, Aspose.Cells APIs currently do not support rendering such effects to PDF format or images. I am in discussion with the concerned member of the product team regarding our plans to provide this feature. I will shortly get back with updates in this regard.
Hi again,

rajivrp:

And let us know the tenative date for official release wherein this fix will be included. I suppose this is an unreleased package. We will have to wait for official release to arrive before we can check-in this package.

Please note, official releases of Aspose.Cells for Java are normally published during the 2nd week of each month, therefore it is safe to say that Aspose.Cells for Java 16.12.0 (containing fix for all resolved issues) will be available some time between 12th to 16th of December 2016.
Hi Rajiv,

This is to update you that I have logged a separate ticket as Feature Request under the ticket CELLSJAVA-42082 in order to provide the support for shape shadow effects while rendering spreadsheet (AutoShapes 103 & 223 from your sample have shadow effects). Please note, the said feature is currently not on our road map, however, I found it appropriate to log a formal request for feasibility analysis. As soon as we have made significant progress towards implementing the said feature, we will share the updates here for your reference.

Thanks Babar … Any possibility to include CELLSJAVA-42079 as well in 16.12 ??

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi,

I have checked the status of your ticket “CELLSJAVA-42079” in our database. I am afraid, it is not resolved yet. We can just hope that its fix would be included in v16.12.0 which is scheduled to be released in the second or third week of December 2016. I have also asked the relevant developer to provide an update or ETA on it. Once we receive any response from the concerned developer of product team, we will share it with your immediately.

Thank you.

Hi,

While testing it further we realized that this fixes are working only for XLS, when we saved as same file as XLSM and then converted to PDF, output doesn’t look good.

Am attaching it, please compare it closely. Firstly the number of pages hv changed, it is 9 instead of 7, and some texts have got overlapped by the line.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for providing us template XLSM file and output PDF files.

I have tested your scenario/ case using your template file to convert to PDF via Aspose.Cells for Java v16.11.7 and found some issues in the output PDF file by Aspose.Cells APIs:
e.g
1) Two extra pages (2 and 5) are added. These pages are added due to the fact that Page1 and Page4 are not rendered completely in one PDF page and the rest part (having borders) are rendered onto the next page.

2) There are some line shapes which are not rendered fine. These shapes are either overlapped by the text, misplaced or/and some part is missing, etc. I can see this issue in page number 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8.

Do you confirm these issues or you find other issues too? I would request you to kindly provide us some screenshots to highlight all the problematic areas comparing different pages of the output PDF (by Aspose.Cells APIs) Vs output PDF via MS Excel, so nothing should be missed when I log the ticket(s) for your issue(s).

We appreciate your cooperation in this regards.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I notice same two problems for XLSM that you mentioned. Cannot spot anything else as of now, but I am checking with customer to see if there’s anything else, will get back if they share any other issue. For now you may file bug for these two issues.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi,

Thanks for your confirmation on the issues.

I have logged the following tickets for the two issues as mentioned in my previous reply:
  • CELLSJAVA-42098 - Extra pages are added due to some pages are not rendered completely in one PDF page
  • CELLSJAVA-42099 - Some line shapes are not rendered fine in the output PDF file
We will look into these issues to figure them out soon.

Once we have an update on any of these issues, we will let you know here.

Thank you.