PDF Document.save() gives OutOfMemoryError

Hi,
I am trying to add some data on the pdf generated with aspose words. I have provided bottom margin on the pdf during the html to pdf generation.
I was trying to write data to that part using aspose pdf, which will be dynamic. when the data is more than the space available aspose is giving OutOfMemory error instead of throwsing a proper message. The error is thrown after waiting for a long time, which causes the application servers went to hung state.

—>>> Exception in thread “main” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Could you please let us know as how to handle this, we want to throw the exception to the user in such situations.

Thanks,
Shivaji

Hi Team,

Can you please update on this, as its very critical to us to proceed further with Aspose.

Thanks,
Shivaji

Hi Shivaji,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the resource/sample PDF file and code snippet, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

Thank you for the reply.

Please find the attached code snippet which I am trying to use.

Problem could be with the table format which i am trying to write in to the pdf file. where the sufficient space is not available at bottom of the page.

Please let me know if more details required on this.

Thanks.
Shivaji

Hi Shivaji,

Thanks for the additional details. I have tested the scenario and noticed that program hangs when there is not sufficient space available for table data(overlapping text on margins), so logged a ticket PDFNEWJAVA-35286 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you as soon as the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

After implementing the aspose in our application, we are facing many issues like total application became very slow, we are not able to proceed further and not able to decide whether to buy this product or not.

Please suggest if there are any factors, which can help us to look into to improve the performance of the application along with Aspose.

One factor we have observed is, the old tool which we were using was taking around 1.5 seconds to produce the pdf file, with aspose its taking more than double of the time which old tool was taking. that is around 3.5sec to generate the pdf file from html.

Please let us know if this is the expected performance with Aspose. :-/

Thanks,
Shivaji

shivaji_dole:
Hi,

After implementing the aspose in our application, we are facing many issues like total application became very slow, we are not able to proceed further and not able to decide whether to buy this product or not.

Please suggest if there are any factors, which can help us to look into to improve the performance of the application along with Aspose.

One factor we have observed is, the old tool which we were using was taking around 1.5 seconds to produce the pdf file, with aspose its taking more than double of the time which old tool was taking. that is around 3.5sec to generate the pdf file from html.

Please let us know if this is the expected performance with Aspose. :-/

Thanks,
Shivaji

Hi Shivaji,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please note Aspose.Pdf process files in memory so you can observe the performance issue in case of large files processing. However please share some more details about your PDF to HTML issue, sample code and input/output files. We will look into it and guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-35286 ) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.