Convert EMF (embedded in a docx) to SVG

How do I convert an EMF (extracted from docx) to SVG?

I also need additional options during the conversion process (Use Text vs Glyphs to have a smaller SVG file).

Thanks in Advance,
Roshan

Hi Roshan,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose APIs. I feel your query is more related to Aspose.Imaging for Java API, I am moving your request in Aspose.Imaging forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Imaging team will answer you shortly.

Best regards,

Hi Roshan,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I am afraid, the current implementation of Aspose.Imaging for Java API isn’t capable of converting EMF to SVG format. We have now logged a “Feature Request” under the ticket IMAGING-34490 in our database to analyze the feasibility of your requested feature, and to bring it onto our road map of Aspose.Imaging for Java API.

Please spare us little time to properly analyze the request. As soon as we have made significant progress towards implementing your requested feature, we will notify you by posting on this thread.

Thanks for your response.

Both Aspose Words and Aspose Cells has the capability of saving a Page or a Worksheet as an SVG file. So I can technically create an empty document, insert the emf image and save it as SVG.

So, your libraries are capable of doing this conversion. I just want to do it in a non-hacky way and want additional options (around embedding fonts, using texts vs glyphs etc)

Hi Roshan,

roshan.diwakar:
Both Aspose Words and Aspose Cells has the capability of saving a Page or a Worksheet as an SVG file. So I can technically create an empty document, insert the emf image and save it as SVG.

As you have explicitly asked for the conversion of EMF to SVG format, this feature has to be implemented in Aspose.Imaging for Java API. However, you can workaround the situation by inserting the EMF in a blank word document or spreadsheet as you have mentioned.

roshan.diwakar:
So, your libraries are capable of doing this conversion. I just want to do it in a non-hacky way and want additional options (around embedding fonts, using texts vs glyphs etc)
If you wish to edit the EMF image in any way then please provide more details of your requirements so we could check if Aspose.Imaging can handle your requirements or not. If current implementation isn't capable of handling your requirements, we can log enhancements tickets to provide the required features with future releases of Aspose.Imaging for Java API.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we’d like to have an explicit Imaging API that converts EMF to SVG.
The typical options that go into these vector conversions are

Must have:
TEXT_AS_SHAPES == Ideally we want Text instead of glyphs, so that the resultant SVG is smaller and flexible

These options are inspired by looking into the source of this
SVGGraphics2D (Apache Batik Javadoc)

Let me know if there is a tracking # for this enhancements

Hi Roshan,

Thank you for providing details of your requirement.

We have logged the feature request against your requirements of TEXT_AS_SHAPES while converting EMF to SVG format under the ticket IMAGING-34504. Please spare us little time to analyze the feasibility of your requested feature. As soon as we have more significant progress towards the implementation of your required feature, we will update you here. In the meanwhile, if you can any concerns or questions, please feel free to write back.
Hi Roshan,

Thank you for your patience.

Please try the latest version of Aspose.Imaging for Java version 3.2 for TEXT_AS_SHAPES. The desired functionality has been implemented. Feel free to reach us in case of any query or comments.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.