Rendering from SSRS - many of the HTML Tags are ignored

We realize that SSRS is behaving as documented. We’re looking for guidance as to how we might implement a work-around or leverage a Third-Party Tool to meet our the unwavering Business Requirements.

Our problem is that when rendering out of SSRS, many of the HTML Tags are not coming through in the report. We have found an article that explains this is default SSRS behavior. However, we are searching for a work-around , specifically for the following 3 items:

1. Tabs (rendered as multiple  )
  2. Super/sub script special characters.
  3. HTML tables.

The article link is below, I have pulled out the excerpt…

The following is a complete list of tags that will render as HTML when defined as placeholder text:

• Hyperlinks: <A href>
  • Fonts: <FONT>
  • Header, style and block elements: <H{n}>, <DIV>, <SPAN>,<P>, <DIV>, <LI>, <HN>
  • Text format: <B>, <I>, <U>, <S>
  • List handling: <OL>, <UL>, <LI>

Any other HTML markup tags will be ignored during report processing. If the HTML that is represented by the expression in the placeholder text is not well formed, the placeholder is rendered as plain text. All HTML tags are case-insensitive.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. In case you need to generate PDF document from SQL ReportingServices, then Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices is a right solution to accomplish your requirements. It supports most of the HTML tags including SUB, SUP, TABLE etc. Please try using our product and in case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. I would recommend you to please visit the following links for more information on

Hi,

I am a representative from Aspose.Cells product family team. In case you need to generate Excel files from SQL Reporting Services, then Aspose.Cells for ReportingServices can be a right solution to accomplish your requirements. It supports most of the RDL elements, see the document:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.cells-for-reporting-services/comprehensive-rdl-support.html

Please give it a try using our latest version, if you find any problem, let us know with all the details and sample files.

Thank you.

Hi

Thank you for your interest in Aspose products. Aspose.Words for SSRS allows using HTML. Please follow the link for more information:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.words-for-reporting-services/html-formatting.html

You can download a trial version of Aspose.Words for SSRS from here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.words-for-reporting-services/category1116.aspx

If you want to test Aspose.Words for SSRS without the evaluation version limitations, you can request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to

Best regards,

Thanks Nayyer, your suggestion is for generating a PDF. Do you have any suggestions for viewing online?

Thanks Amjad, your suggestion is for generating an Excel file. Do you have any suggestions for viewing online?

Thanks Alexey, your suggestion is for generating a Word Doc. Do you have any suggestions for viewing online?

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your request. No, unfortunately, there is no solution for viewing documents.

Best regards,

We own a Total License. Can you please send .PDF the instructions, specifically for Visual Studio 2008.

Hi,

Please take a look over my post at 326257 for required information. The instructions over specified links are valid for both SQL2005 and SQL2008. In case you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Post 326257 does not exist.

JeniQ:
Post 326257 does not exist.
Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am able to access 326257 post. Can you please share what issue you are facing.