Pdf Convertion - support file types

Need to convert 25 different file type to Pdf. i want to know which file can convert to pdf and which can not. ( if u can provide sample code how to convert, that great) follow the list.

(Eg DOC - Can using Aspose.Word sample …)

XML
XLS
VSD
TXT
TIF
SHS
RTF
PPT
PDF
MSG
MHT
MDI
LWP
LOG
JPG
HTML
HTM
GIF
EML
DOT
DOCX
DOCM
DOCDW
DOC
CVS
BMP

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Following files types can be converted to PDF using Aspose.Network and Aspose.Words for .NET:

EML
MSG

Sample C# code:
// Use Aspose.Network for EML/MSG --> MHT
MailMessage message = MailMessage.Load(“test.msg”, MessageFormat.Msg);
// MailMessage.Load(“test.eml”, MessageFormat.Eml) for loading EML

// save to stream in MHT format
MemoryStream mhtStream = new MemoryStream();
message.Save(mhtStream, MailMessageSaveType.MHtmlFromat);

// Use Aspose.Words for MHT --> PDF
Document doc = new Document(mhtStream);
Aspose.Words.Saving.SaveOptions saveOptions = Aspose.Words.Saving.SaveOptions.CreateSaveOptions(strPdfFile);
MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream();
doc.Save(“test.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Regarding other supported files by Aspose products, my colleagues will help you shortly.

Hi there,

I represent Aspose.Words. In addition to the two formats specified by my colleague above, Aspose.Words also has support for these file formats and can render them to PDF.

Native Support: (can load straight into a new Document object and render to PDF)

• RTF
  • MHT
  • HTML
  • HTM
  • DOT
  • DOCX
  • DOCM
  • DOC

Indirect Support: (Format cannot be directly loaded into a new Document object, but instead can be inserted into a blank document and then rendered to PDF).

• TXT
  • TIF
  • LOG (Assuming the same format type as .TXT)
  • JPG
  • GIF
  • BMP

Other:

• XML- This could be many different formats, could you please be more specific?
  • DOCDW - I have never heard of this format, and cannot find any details about it online. Are you able to provide a sample?

Not Supported:

• SHS - This is a fragment of a document and I don't think this is even possible to do with versions after Word 97. Most likely this format is not supported.
  • LWP - This Lotus Suite document format is not supported.
  • MDI - This appears to be a special format used by Microsoft Word as an image writer. Due to the nature of the format (fixed format) it is not supported in Aspose.Words

There are a few left on the list that are supported by the other Aspose products. My colleagues will inform you of them shortly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Hi,

Aspose.Cells for .NET does support to convert the following Excel formats to PDF:

XML (SpreadsheetML)
XLS
TXT (Excel formats e.g CSV, TAB Delimited etc.)
HTML (Native Excel HTML)
HTM (Native Excel HTM)

Please see the document on how you can convert to PDF format:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/converting-to-pdf-files.html

Thank you.

krishjaya:
Need to convert 25 different file type to Pdf. i want to know which file can convert to pdf and which can not. ( if u can provide sample code how to convert, that great) follow the list.

XML
VSD
TXT
TIF
SHS
MHT
MDI
LWP
JPG
HTML
HTM
GIF
BMP

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. Aspose.Pdf is a component which is used to generate PDF documents from scratch. You can use its API to generate PDF documents, convert an XML & XSL-FO file into PDF format, transform an Image file (.JPEG, .BMP, GIF, TIFF etc) into PDF format, convert an HTML page into PDF format and also you can use it to convert .TXT file into PDF format. For more related information and sample code snippets, please visit the following links.

For better understanding about product, please check out the following link Aspose.Pdf for .NET Document Object Model (DOM)

You may also check following links for information on how to create Your First Application using Aspose.Pdf for .NET, Product Overview and Aspose.Pdf for .NET Features

Regarding your requirement on converting VSD, SHS, MDI and LWP file formats, I am afraid these formats are currently not supported. However for the sake of implementation, I have logged this requirement in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-19949. We will further look into the details of this requirement and see if we can support these formats or not. Nevertheless, we will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

In case your query is not properly answered or you have any further question, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello Friends,
I want to convert “PDF” file to “.doc” file. Can ASPOSE.word or ASPOSE.pdf APIs can help me for that. If any1 having more detail info about API/code for that, please tell me.
Thanx in advance.

Best Regards,
Rohit Tawde

rohittawde786:
I want to convert “PDF” file to “.doc” file. Can ASPOSE.word or ASPOSE.pdf APIs can help me for that. If any1 having more detail info about API/code for that, please tell me.
Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. Please note that Aspose.Pdf for .NET provides the capability to create PDF documents from scratch, as well as it supports the feature to manipulate existing PDF documents. So in order to convert PDF file into DOC format, please try using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please visit the following link for further details on Convert PDF file into DOC format

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi,

I am representing Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that you can export PPT to PDF. For your convenience. please visit this documentation link. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,