DeleteRange and Image Objects

Dear,

I use the 7.7.0.0 version of Aspose.Cells

when i use the cells.DeleteRange function with ShiftType.Up value. the area is well deleted but all the images under this area don’t move up.

Is there a solution to move up the object under the area when i want to delete it?

could you help me for this problem

for your information i check the new version 8.7.0.0 and it’s the same thing.

Bests regards

Hi,

Thanks for providing us some details.

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.7.1 (you may download it here: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry693090.aspx) if it makes any difference. If you still find the issue, kindly provide us your template file and sample code (runnable) to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Thanks for your answer.

I have checked the 8.7.1 version but there is always the issue.

find attached files for more informations

Best regards

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots.

Well, I suspect the underlying image has the attribute “Don’t move or size with cells” set (i.e., in MS Excel, right-click on the image, click “Size and Properties…”, click “Properties” tab in the dialog and check it for confirmation), so your image is not moving up at all. You may also confirm this behavior/issue by manually deleting the range in MS Excel manually. So, you got to change/set other option accordingly for your needs. If this is not the case and you still think it is an issue with Aspose.Cells component, kindly attach your template file here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

In fact i insert the image in the excel template with Aspose before to delete the range.

Maybe i have to add parameters to the image. i try different things but it’s always the same issue

see the code below.

Best regards

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot and details.

Well, you have already setting the Placement attribute fine as per your screenshot for the code segment. Well, we need your sample project with template file(s) to evaluate your issue properly. We appreciate if you could create a simple sample project with Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.7.1.1, zip it and post us here to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi

i post you two files:
- “Sources.zip” is the source code
- “Program.zip” is the exe files

Bests Regards

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project and an archive of Dlls/Exe files.

I have evaluated your scenario/ case using your sample project a bit. As you are using GridDesktop for displaying purpose (front end) and after adding reference of your underlying custom component “SofiaReportManager.Dll” to the project, I could execute your project fine. I can see the issue as you have talked about previously. I could not find your source code segments for different modules or procedures used in your custom component “SofiaReportManager”. Anyways, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned. I found an issue with Cells.DeleteRange method regarding image object which is not moving upwards. I simplified your code as following with the template file and found the issue in the output Excel file, the image is stayed at its previous position instead of moving upwards.
e.g
Sample code:

[C#]
string filePath = @“E:\test2\deleterange\WindowsApplication1\WindowsApplication1\bin\Debug\MyFileWithImage.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

Range range = workbook.Worksheets.GetRangeByName(“GRAPHE_RULER”);

Worksheet worksheet = range.Worksheet;

Cells cells = range.Worksheet.Cells;

cells.DeleteRange(range.FirstRow, range.FirstColumn, range.FirstRow + range.RowCount - 1, range.FirstColumn + range.ColumnCount - 1, ShiftType.Up);

workbook.CalculateFormula();

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out1.xls”);

[VB]
Dim filePath As String = “E:\test2\deleterange\WindowsApplication1\WindowsApplication1\bin\Debug\MyFileWithImage.xls”

Dim workbook As New Workbook(filePath)

Dim range As Range = workbook.Worksheets.GetRangeByName(“GRAPHE_RULER”)

Dim worksheet As Worksheet = range.Worksheet

Dim cells As Cells = range.Worksheet.Cells

cells.DeleteRange(range.FirstRow, range.FirstColumn, range.FirstRow + range.RowCount - 1, range.FirstColumn + range.ColumnCount - 1, ShiftType.Up)

workbook.CalculateFormula()

workbook.Save(filePath & “.out1.xls”)

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44268” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi

Thanks you for your answer.

Do you have any idea about the delay for the next release.

best regards

Hi Bruno,

I believe you are interested to know when the fix for CELLSNET-44268 will be available. Please note, the aforementioned ticket is currently in analysis phase and we cannot commit any release schedule for the fix unless we have thoroughly investigated the presented scenario. As soon as we have completed the analysis, we will share the estimated schedule for the fix.

Regarding normal release schedule, we publish major releases of Aspose.Cells APIs once a month, mostly during the 15th to 20th of every month. Furthermore, we publish minor maintenance releases once a week for the issues that have been fixed during that time.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.7.1.3 (attached).
We have fixed the issue: i.e., images are not moved upwards accordingly. But MS Excel 2013 opens the generated file in Protected View. We will fix this issue later on.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi

Thank you very much
I try the latest version. The Image move upwards well but i have another issue.

I explain this issues in the attached files.

Best regards

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the sample files and screenshot.

I noticed the issue in your output file regarding image objects, etc. We appreciate if you could create a simple sample project with, zip it and post us here (as before) to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check and may log appropriate ticket(s) soon.

Thank you.

Dear

I send you a little program to show you the issue.

best regards

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files and sample project.

After an initial test, I can find the issue using your newly attached project with your template files. When I run the project and click on the DeleteRange button, the output file shows the issue (when viewing in MS Excel manually) as per your previously attached screenshot. By the way, if I change the picture’s properties regarding Position to “Move but don’t move with cells” in the template file to resave it, it works Ok. Anyways, I have logged your concerns with your sample project against your issue “CELLSNET-44268” into our database. Our concerned developer from product team will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi
Thanks for that!

It’s OK for the picture with properties regarding Position to “Move but don’t move with cells”.
but the picture don’t move between the startfile and the final file.
we don’t have to change the property of this image.

If you check the graph at the final file, it are the wrong size and it’s a real issue for us.

Best regards

Hi,

Sorry, I meant the option “Move but don’t size with cells”. You are right, I also noticed the charts’ size issue in the output file. We will also consider this when fixing your issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to inform you that the ticket logged earlier as “CELLSNET-44268” has been resolved. We will soon share the download link for the fix here after ensuring the quality and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.

hi

thanks for this information

bests regards

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44268) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.