Excel Chart Sizing

Hello

It has taken me a while, but I have condensed the problem down to the following simple terms.

In V8.0.1 the code below produces correctly aligned chart. In V8.6.3 it does not.

Code:

Dim wb as New Workbook("c:\xxx\simplechart.xlsx")

wb.Save("c:\xxx\simplechart.pdf", SaveFormat.pdf)

I have attached the Excel file and two PDFs which are named after each version.

Hope this helps

Peter

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have tested this issue with the following sample code using the latest version
Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.7.0.2
and found that it is generating the correct output pdf file.

I have attached the output file generated with the following code for a reference.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\SimpleChart.xlsx”;

Workbook wb = new Workbook(filePath);
wb.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

V8.7 has the same issue.

This is still an issue. Can you send me a screen shot of the PDF file you have generated.

Notice in the Excel file I deliberately enclosed the chart in a box. In the PDF the lower right corner of the chart is located outside of the box.

I saw that you had sent an attachment and indeed, it looks correct. I will formulate another example soon.

Hi Peter,

Attached is a side-by-side comparison of the original chart in spreadsheet and PDF generated with latest release of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.7.0.2 (attached in previous response). You may clearly observe that the chart resides totally inside of the bordered box. You can also check the PDF file from here. If you are getting different result on your end, please provide us the PDF file along with your environment details so we could further investigate the matter.

Hello

First let me thank you for the effort you are putting into this. I have not purchased but your help alone has sold me.

However, is still have the issue after numerous combinations.

In simplest terms, I start with V8 as the reference in Visual Studio, run and all is fine.

I remove the reference and add the reference V8.7 (that you sent) and I get the problem enclosed when viewed in Adobe X

Hi,

Thanks for your nice feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

I am unable to replicate this issue with the version
Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.7.0.2 Please share the console application project replicating this issue with the latest version. We will execute your console application at our end and log this issue in our database for a fix. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hello

Enclosed is a VS2008 project that demonstrates the problem on my machine. I am curious if you have the same issue on yours.

Again, I am not experiencing the issue with V8 and will be using that until we can get to the bottom of what the problem is.

I would like to purchase. However, I will be needing a V8 license. Do you see any problem with getting a license for an older version?

Sorry, forgot the attachment.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and nice sample project and using Aspose.Cells.

When you will purchase a license it will be valid for 1 year. So if you purchased it on 18-feb-2016, then it will be valid till 18-feb-2017. It means, you can use any Aspose.Cells version which is released before 18-feb-2017. Once 18-feb-2017 is passed, you will not be able to use any new version of Aspose.Cells and have to renew your license subscription.

With your new license, you can always use the older version. However, older versions become inaccessible after one year. So you can get older version which is not older than one year.

I have executed your sample project at my end and got the output pdf inside data directory. It looks good to me. I have attached it for your reference. Please take a look and let us know if there is any error inside it.

Hello

You picture is correct. Something is different between V8 and v8.7 since I see no issue with V8. Can you run this by a developer?

I will try the application on another PC to see if I get the same issue.

I will order today.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I have attached the sample console application project that simply loads your source excel file and save it as pdf.

Please download it and run at your end and see what kind of pdf you get (correct or incorrect).