CopyData between ranges does not work horizontally

Hi, I have encountered the following issue when using the Aspose.Cells Range.CopyData method.

In my scenario I have a single cell range as source and a monodimensional cell Array as target.
When the target is vertical everything works fine, while when the target is horizontal, the target.Copy() function only fills the first cell of the target range.

Here is a snippet to help reproduce the issue:
var sourceRange = worksheet.Cells.CreateRange(“A1”);
var targetRange = worksheet.Cells.CreateRange(“B1:M1”);
targetRange.Copy(sourceRange);

As result of the above code execution, only cell B1 of the target range is correctly filled.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have tested this issue with the following sample code using the latest version:

<a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/38453">Aspose.Cells
            for .NET v8.6.3.4</a> 
        and found that if the target range is vertical like <b>B1:B10</b> then it works fine but if the target range is horizontal like <b>B1:M10</b>, it does not work.<br><br>We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.<br><br>We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for a fix.<br><br>This issue has been logged as <br><br><ul><li><b>CELLSNET-44171</b> - CopyData between ranges does not work horizontally but it works fine vertically</li></ul><br>I have also attached the source excel file used in this code and the output excel file generated by it for a reference.<br><br><b>C#</b><br><div class="csharpcode"><font color="#800080">Workbook workbook = new Workbook("source.xlsx");<br><br>Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];<br><br>var sourceRange = worksheet.Cells.CreateRange("A1");<br><br>//This line works fine<br>var targetRange = worksheet.Cells.CreateRange("B1:B10");<br><br>//But this line does not work<br>//var targetRange = worksheet.Cells.CreateRange("B1:M1");<br><br>targetRange.Copy(sourceRange);<br><br>workbook.Save("output.xlsx");</font><br></div><br>

Thanks for the quick reply,

we will sync with the next release in order to get the issue fixed.

Regards.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are hopeful your issue will be fixed in a week or two. Once the fix is available for you, we will update you by posting in this thread.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue logged earlier as “CELLSNET-44171”. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Once the fix is available for public use, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for letting me know about the fix.

We will try it as soon as there is a new release since we are using the .Net 3.5 version of Aspose.Cells.dll.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are sorry for inconvenience. Please wait for few more days, the official v8.7.0 is going to be released in next few days hopefully before 25-Jan-2016. Once it will be released, you will get an automatic notification in this thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44171) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44171) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.