Aspose word Docx issue

I am running into an issue with office 2007 word Doc (.docx) while Using Aspose.Words (latest available version).
We are trying to implement document tracking by inserting an image in the document which actually refers to a Rest service end point…Rest end point actually saves the details of the person who is viewing the document when it is opened.
Now the issue is that, when the word doc(docx) is opened it is actually calling the end point while looking to load the inserted image and everything works fine BUT When the document is edited and saved, the document no longer request for that opened document.
I can see the reason for the same, as the document after save actually updates the xml configs and save the image in the media folder of its schema( if you save the docx as zip you can get to the xml’s), so the url is not referred and the image is retrieved from the folders.
Here’s how i am inserting image

Shape sh = new Shape(Type.Image);
sh.SourceFullName = "rest url.gif"
documentbuilder.insertNode(shape)

We have also tried INCLUDEPICTURE /"url.gic /d
enter code here

How can i get around it so word doc always look for the image instead of getting it from its metadata?

Hi Bikrant,
Thanks for your inquiry. We have created a Word document using following code example. This code example inserts an image into document and link the image to a URI.

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
Shape linkedOnly = new Shape(builder.Document, ShapeType.Image);
linkedOnly.WrapType = WrapType.Inline;
linkedOnly.ImageData.SourceFullName = "http://www.aspose.com/images/aspose-logo.gif";
builder.InsertNode(linkedOnly);
doc.Save(MyDir + "Linktofile Out.docx");

bikrantsharma:
BUT When the document is edited and saved, the document no longer request for that opened document.
I can see the reason for the same, as the document after save actually updates the xml configs and save the image in the media folder of its schema( if you save the docx as zip you can get to the xml’s), so the url is not referred and the image is retrieved from the folders.

Yes, after editing the document using MS Word, the image is saved to media folder. The xml of document.xml.rels is also changed from
To
For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13261. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.
We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir _ Thanks for the reply. I would like to understand what is Included as a part of Issue WORDSNET-13261
Should we expect it to request for the image or the SourceFullName even if the document is edited?
and i know you guys are working on lot of priority issues but do you guys have any timelines as by when we can expect this to be resolved?

Hi Bikrant,
Thanks for your inquiry.

bikrantsharma:
I would like to understand what is Included as a part of Issue WORDSNET-13261
Should we expect it to request for the image or the SourceFullName even if the document is edited?

ImageData.SourceFullName does not properly link the image. After editing the output document using MS Word, the image is saved to media folder. Moreover, in MS Word File->Info->“Edit Links to Files” option is not available in output document generated by Aspose.Words. Please check the attached image for detail and check ‘Expected output.docx’ for expected output document. Please confirm if you want the same output document.

bikrantsharma:
do you guys have any timelines as by when we can expect this to be resolved?

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. Our developers work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.
Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once our product team completes the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Tahir - Thanks For the reply.
As you have said above, yes that would be one thing we are looking for and we are also hoping that it will force the “expected output.docx” document to request for the attached image every time when it is opened again after editing.
So you have an image embedded Image…you edit the document…Save and Close it…you open the doc again…we would like the doc to request for the image again. Is that going to happen after the change?

Hi Bikrant,
Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, after the fix of WORDSNET-13261, the output generated by Aspose.Words will be like “expected output.docx”. The “expected output.docx” loads the image from "http://www.aspose.com/images/aspose-logo.gif" instead of media folder.
Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13261) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.
This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.