The permissions granted to user 'Aspose User' are insufficient for performing this operation

Hi there, does anybody know how I can download the examples of the ssrs? ( http://apps.aspose.com/ssrs-rendering-extensions/Pages/Folder.aspx?ItemPath=%2fAdventureWorks+2008+Sample+Reports )

I’m going crazy trying to build something, it is very painful, and since there is no really help from aspose makes everything worse. I am discouraging my managers since long ago to stop using aspose bc it is very painful, still he want me to try again, and here I am…I cannot even download an example.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells for RS.

You may yourself create examples environment if you have Report Services 2008 environment in your SQL server.

You can find Adventure Works 2008 Sample Reports project by web.

For example:

( https://msftrsprodsamples.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=SS2008%21AdventureWorks%20Sample%20Reports&referringTitle=Home )

We own it mshakeel, the company bought it in April, but we never were able to take away the evaluation message, or create good reports. I had so much stress just trying to create simple reports so I told to my boss to ask for the money back at that time, and he didn’t listen.

So, he asked me last week to try again, but guys you have no really examples of how to code things, just very lights documentation, and that is such a poor help!!!

Today I will tell to my boss one more time that you cannot give me some just one real report so I can follow it. Sorry guys, the service is really poor, and I will make sure to share this poor and very stressful experience with all our sisters’ company. They are asking how good or bad is aspose.

You cannot let to your customer download some real reports to see the code, and you documentation is horrible…really?

Thanks.

Hi Luis,

Thanks for sharing your legitimate concerns and considering Aspose.

You actually need RDL files. You can find RDL files from all over the internet. Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services just exports your RDL files into Excel formats like XLS, XLSX, CSV etc.

If you could not find RDL files on the internet, then we will ask product team to provide you few simple and complex RDL files so that you could test Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Also as mentioned earlier you can find RDL files from the link give in my above post.

( https://msftrsprodsamples.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=SS2008!AdventureWorks%20Sample%20Reports&referringTitle=Home )

Also, you can create your RDL files yourself using Business Intelligence Studio.

Please also see the following YouTube Video which explains how to create your own RDL (Report Definition Language) Report.

( http://www.youpak.com/watch?v=pIb1kvxIH9k )

Please let us know if I am missing something. Thanks for your patience and cooperation regarding this issue.

My friend, that is what I am trying to download from your “examples” the RDL so I can open it with my excel and then See how did you applied the aspose.cell

How did you think I am getting the error “The permissions granted to user ‘Aspose User’ are insufficient for performing this operation.”?
Will you show me better examples or not of how to implement aspose.cell? Are you trying to do business by avoiding to explain in more detail how this thing works?

Is is so difficult to understand that you don’t have good examples and documentation?
One example:
1)I cannot create a simple tablix in the report following your silly documentation. (Creating Matrix Report|Documentation)
2) I am trying to add to cells and it brings back a 0 instead of the sum of the cells.
3) I have some formulas like this one that works in a simple report but not in aspose.cell: “=Sum(IIF((Fields!EventTypeID.Value = 151) AND (Fields!EventStatusID.Value = 3) , Fields!SubTotalTotal.Value, 0))”

I have thousand of things to do, and you guys are answering empty post with the same thing: “you need a RDL”…really? do I need also a computer?

I just spoke to the counting team, I am working for one of the companies belongs to Omnicom, and honestly I don’t see why they have to expend money on this product that has not support at all. We are a serious company that offers great support to our customers, sadly you cannot understand the need here.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

We are extremely sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you. I have checked the Reporting Services live examples, they are working fine.

I am sharing screenshots with you. Also I am sharing with you the sample report exported by Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services in Excel format.

Also, could you please illustrate how you got the error “Permission granted to Aspose User…”. It seems to be Aspose Web Team issue. Could you please share some screenshots?

I think I am not explaining my problem well.

I just tried to download the report (RDL file, NOT the excel), and open it in my Visual Studio or builder report, and search for the original excel file that uses that specific RDL report file.

I have huge reports from my team that needs to have the cells numbers, and they though of aspose as solution. The problem is there is not good examples of HOW to apply aspose.cell in an excel file that uses an already existent RDL report that I have created a while ago.

Again, when in my Excel File that USES my RDL FILE I write this: &=Sum(IIF((Fields!EventTypeID.Value = 151) AND (Fields!EventStatusID.Value = 3) , Fields!SubTotalTotal.Value, 0))" and I save the report by clicking the “SAVE REPORT” on the Tab “Aspose.Cells” from my Excell 2013 (32 bits) and Upload my report to My server report (2008) gives me all kind of errors.

So I though (Again I explain) to download a RDL report form your examples, also find the original Excel file used that uses that RDL report as example to follow I found that I don’t have authorization. Also, I relized that you dont have those ORIGINALS exels files that uses THOSE RDLs reports that you have for example, so I have to “GUESS” how aspose.cell ssrs works which is very painful, and time consuming BECASUE there is NO sufficient examples.

Did you understand that I need excel files examples that uses RDLs files and you DON’T have?

Please, if you cannot provide this to me let me know, because I am now a wizard to keep guessing how to use aspose.cell ssrs in an excel file that invoke a RDL report so I can close this painful application. And it does not matter how much you advertise it in the MSDN magazine, if there is no sufficient documentation, and it is impossible to see how you created those report from scratch to follow it, well, this product is just impossible to use.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for providing all the details and bearing with us.

To help you better, we have now logged your issue(s) with all the information and details you provided in our database for product team reference. Please spare us some time. We will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as SSRS-40221.

mshakeel.faiz,

I see what the previous post is referring to.

In the examples given in the Support Area of this website, is the adventureworks examples from SSRS. But there is no ability to download the RDL, only render the final report using the rendering engine of one of the Aspose, extensions.

I too am looking to download the RDL so that I may be able to see how you get formula into cells after rendering. Also how within Excel while you are creating the report and, Selecting Data and creating quires within the Excel file using the Aspose.Cells ribbon.

There is no documentation, on how to really use the Insert Formula tool.

If there was a way to download an example of a Matrix report and see how you are using the Aspose Insert formula tools to create formula’s from your Data sets that would be educational.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.

We have logged your comment in our database against this issue. Please note, we will update you in the coming week on Monday or Tuesday.

However, I have looked into your issue and assumed that from this

Insert Formula tool

You mean

Report Designer Client Tool (its other name is Aspose.Cells.Report.Designer)

Here are few links relating to this tool (you might already have seen them)

( Make Use of Report Designer Client Tool|Documentation )
( Adding Reporting Services Formulas|Documentation )

Few related Forum Links are following

( Download and try Aspose Cells Report Designer Client Tool )

Also I have found the sample RDL file on the forums which we provided to some old user, it might be some use to you. Please download it from the attachment.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

1) About RDLs Examples, you can find few RDL files in ${Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Installation folder}\Demos\ReportTemplate folder. These RDL files are our provided examples so you can refer to them.

2) The client tool is good for developing simple reports like ones containing pivot table but for complex reports, you will have to spend lot of time developing them.

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Client only get datasoucre and dataset for RDL file, So you need to develop report file again in excel if you want to develop it with Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Client. Now we add new feature for import RDL, but you to need develop in excel because import function only imports simple RDL file and we are still developing the feature.

Please check Demos Report Template because our main features are displayed in Demos Report Template. (Check point 1)

Please also note that the import report function of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Client only support two kinds of format (2008 and 2008R2)

3) About getting error when saving report, we will check it ASAP. We hope you can provided us your RDL file and Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log file.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have checked your provided issues about saving report error (&=Sum(IIF((Fields!EventTypeID = 151) AND (Fields!EventStatusID.Value = 3) , Fields!SubTotalTotal.Value, 0))).

First, the formula has grammar confusion.

The formula does not have ‘&’ in RDL.

The formula follows the following grammar from Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Client in excel.

&=Sum(IIF(({DataSetName}.EventTypeID = 151) AND ({DataSetName}.EventStatusID = 3) , {DataSetName}.SubTotalTotal, 0))

Second, we are simulating two test report and saving it, but we did not find saving error.

Please provide us your error report define file and we will check it ASAP. Thanks for your cooperation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SSRS-40221) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.