A file word containing a tiff file is not rendered correctely when converting into PDF

Hello,

I have the following problem, with tiff file included in word document.

When I convert the document into pdf using aspose Words api (15.1.0), the tiff images are rendered as red crosses.

It works fine with other type of images (png,…),

but I can’t change the image format inside the word, since I’m not the owner of them.

Here is the sample code I used (really basic):

Document doc = new Document(strFilePath);

PdfSaveOptions options = new PdfSaveOptions();

options.getDownsampleOptions().setDownsampleImages(false);

options.setUseAntiAliasing(true);

doc.save(strPDFFilePath,options);

The input docx file and result pdf file are joined.

The image I used is a stub image in tiff format, in the header of the document.

Hi Michele,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words 16.1.0, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. We would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link. Hope, this helps.

Download latest version of Aspose.Words for Java

Best regards,

I just tried the 16.1.0 version of Aspose Words, but the tiff logo in the upper right corner still fails to print corretly after pdfization (in the same sample I’have joined previously)

Do you use additionnal library to support or manage tiff files ?

Thank you for your feedback.

Hi Michele,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 16.1.0, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end over Linux environment. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSJAVA-1326. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Michele,

Regarding WORDSJAVA-1326, our product team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behavior you’re observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words for Java. So, we will close this issue as ‘Not a Bug’.

To avoid this problem, you should install JAI library (Java Advanced Imaging) so that your system will able to render Tiff images. You can download it from the following link:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-java-client-419417.html#jai-1_1_2_01-oth-JPR

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,