Aspose.Words Java saving as PDF/A

With reference to your documentation;
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/supported-features-on-document-save/

extract;

Any
document loaded into Aspose.Words can be converted to PDF that conforms
to the PDF 1.5 or PDF/A-1b specification. Support for PDF/A-1a
specification is planned.

When you say PDF 1.5 or PDF/A-1b specification, specifically the word “or”, do you mean “or” or “and”. The reason I’m asking is I can’t see how to choose PDF/A over PDF, the only SaveFormat is PDF, their is no PDF_A1b or PDF_A or similar option.

Please could you help explain and clarify your documentation. As the output we have appears not be to be a valid PDF/A document and I can’t find any documentation regarding PDF.

As if I search for PDF under Aspose.Words Java (Aspose.Words for Java|Documentation), I get one search result which is about PDF and PHP (For PHP in More Details|Aspose.Words for Java). But if I read the documentation I find this page https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/supported-features-on-document-save/

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. With the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java, you can convert document to Pdf with compliance level PDF 1.5, PDF/A-1b and PDF/A-1b. We have updated the documentation about Pdf compliance level. Please check following code example and read about PdfCompliance class.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "in.docx");
PdfSaveOptions options = new PdfSaveOptions();
options.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_A);
doc.save(MyDir + "Out.pdf", options);

You might want to document this, or improve your documentation in general.

Also regarding the link to PdfCompliance, are you aware their is a typo, “Field Namee”. Have you thought about using standard JavaDoc?

Just to confirm;

Words;
options.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_A);
document.save(outputFile.getPath(), options);

Cells;
options.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_B);
workbook.save(outputFile.getPath(), options);

Slides;
PdfOptions options = new PdfOptions();
options.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PdfA1b);
presentation.save(outputFile.getPath(), SaveFormat.Pdf, options);

Is the Slides version the same as the Words and Cells??? I can’t find a PdfSaveOptions within com.aspose.slides. Just confusing the inconstancy between each component.

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry.
john.patrick3:
Also regarding the link to PdfCompliance, are you aware their is a typo, "Field Namee".
Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. We will fix this issue in our documentation.
john.patrick3:
Is the Slides version the same as the Words and Cells??? I can't find a PdfSaveOptions within com.aspose.slides. Just confusing the inconstancy between each component.
We have already answered your query here in this post. Please follow that thread for further proceedings.

Hello,
do you also support PDF/A-2b?

Thanks for you support
Gudrun

Hi Gudrun,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, we have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-13778 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13778) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.7 update.