Error with 2.2.0.0 The current configuration system does not support user-scoped settings

Hi,

I just change Email.DLL from V 1.8.0.0 to v2.2.0.0 and, with exactly the same code, I now get the error below.

Can you help me ?

Regards,

System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled by user code
HResult=-2146233036
Message=The type initializer for 'Aspose.Email.Mail.SmtpClient' threw an exception.
Source=Aspose.Email
TypeName=Aspose.Email.Mail.SmtpClient
StackTrace:
at Aspose.Email.Mail.SmtpClient..ctor()
at EAIRP.BLL.Email.SendEmail(String refUtilisateur) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\CCDPA\App_Code\BLL\Objects\Email\Email.cs:line 420
at EAIRP.EmailForm.BtnEnvoyer_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\CCDPA\EmailForm.aspx.cs:line 176
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
InnerException: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
HResult=-2146232062
Message=The current configuration system does not support user-scoped settings.
Source=System
BareMessage=The current configuration system does not support user-scoped settings.
Line=0
StackTrace:
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at Aspose.Email.Properties.Settings. ()
at Aspose.Email.Mail.SmtpClient..cctor()
InnerException:

Hi Jean-Christian,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have faced.

Please provide us with more information about what actions you performed that resulted in this error. We will try to help you as soon as possible.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Find attached the project and the associated web site. This code worked perfectly well with 1.8.0.0 but when I change the email.dll to 2.2.0.0 I get the error I gave you in my first post.

Regards,

Hi Jean,

Thank you for the additional information.

We recently received the issue with SmtpClient class from some other customers as well and we have fixed it thereafter. Please download and use this fix of Aspose.Email for .NET 2.2.0.1 and let us know your feedback.

Thank you for your quick answer.

It is working with the fix.

Regards,

Hi Jean,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please feel free to contact us if you have additional query. We will be glad to assist you further.