WebGrid .NET control - SessionState mode and support IE10 and IE11

Hello,

the demos and infos about the Cells.WebGrid object seems to be very old. Is this Object no longer supported?

Thanks

Hi,

Do you mean Aspose.Cells.GridWeb control? Well, yes, the component is supported. Aspose.Cells.GridWeb has been enhanced and included as a separate GUI grid control in Aspose.Cells for .NET package.

You may download and try the demos of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry539977.aspx

And see the Wiki Conf. Docs for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Aspose.Cells.GridWeb

By the way, which demos and other info you are talking about?

Thank you.

Because it is in .NET 2.0, you can not use it in .NET 4.x (Error: serialization error) and you can not use it in Internet Explorer 11 (Error: unknown browser.) It seems, that since a few years nothing happens with this control!

Steve

Hi,

Well, the Aspose.Cells.GridWeb control works fine on .NET 4.0, please try using the latest Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.Dll v8.6.1 from net2.0 folder at your installation directory. If you still find the issue, kindly do provide us a sample project (runnable) with Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v8.6.1 to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Regarding IE11 issue, I am afraid, currently Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does not work very well on IE10 and 11, so you have to use the compatibility mode of IE9 to work with it on IE11 browser type. You may try to add the following lines of code in the header section in .aspx page(s):
e.g
Sample code:

Thank you.

Hello,

i have added 2 demosfiles:

1. Error: "AsposeError1_StateServer:
Our SessionState Mode ist “StateServer” (web.config / wich is recommended by Microsoft). But we get a serialisation-error. Important: We can not use the mode: InProc!!

2. Error: “AsposeError1_StateServer_DisabledViewState_Postback”:
Same SessionState Mode as in Error1, but we disabled the viewstate at your gridwebcontrol. At every postback we get an error

3. Error: IE 10/11 (without demo):
We get an error in IE10 (Started: 2011!!!) and IE11 (Started: 2013!!!). We do not want the IE9Emulate Modus!

Thanks

1. Demofile:

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project.

I have tested your scenario/ case using your projects. I observed the issue(s) as you have mentioned using your sample projects. I found the Serialization error when using SessionState Mode to “StateServer” in the web.config file. If we use “InProc” as SessionState mode, it works fine though. We need to evaluate your issue(s) in details. I have logged an investigation ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44017” for your issue. Our product team will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

and our second and third problem??

Hi,

Well, I have already logged your second point in your existing JIRA ticket “CELLSNET-44017”, this might be due to first issue. Please spare us little time, our product team will analyze your original issue in details if this is a bug or it is due to limitation in GridWeb or something else (due to compatibility of SessionState mode you set for GridWeb or so etc.).

Regarding your 3rd point, as I have already told you in one of my earlier replies in the thread:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/39289
I am afraid, currently Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does not work very well on IE10 and 11, so you have to use the compatibility mode of IE9 to work with it on IE11 browser type (you have to add the suggested lines in your header section of your .aspx page).I am afraid, there is no other way to cope with it.

Thank you.

Hi,

bkrack:

3. Error: IE 10/11 (without demo):
We get an error in IE10 (Started: 2011!!!) and IE11 (Started: 2013!!!). We do not want the IE9Emulate Modus!

We did discuss the matter with the product team. As per your demand, we have made an official request to product team and logged a ticket with an id "CELLSNET-44027" to support IE10 and IE11 in GridWeb for your requirements. Our product team will soon evaluate it.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to update you that we have fixed your issue logged earlier as “CELLSNET-44017”. We will soon provide the fix here after ensuring the quality of the build and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44017) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44027) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.