Stretched images using the latest version

Hi support,

Please give a look to the attached project.

Images are stretched when they are inserted into a new workbook. If you right click on the image using MS Excel, go to “Format Picture”, “Size” and click on the “Reset” button, you see that the image returns to its original size.

Thanks,

Andrea

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.4.2.7
it works fine.

I have generated the output excel file which is attached with this post with the latest version and it looks fine.

Hi,

You have replicate the same problem that I have experienced. If you open the file that you have sent you can see that the image’s height is stretched. If you click on Reset you can restore it to the original size.

See the attached image

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for providing the screenshot, and sorry for ignoring this detail in our previous tests. Please note, we are able notice the said problem while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.4.2.7 therefore we have logged it in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSNET-43711 for further investigation. Please spare us some time to properly investigate the matter. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43711) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
Hi Support,
Sorry for delay, but today I have tested if this bug was resolved in the 8.6.0 version,
unfortunately the bug is still present, please reopen and check this issue.

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for writing back.

We have reevaluated the scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0.2, and we are not able to observe the said problem. Please check the attached snapshots & resultant spreadsheets generated against your original version 8.4.2.0 & the latest 8.6.0.2. I suggest you to give this scenario another try against the latest version while displaying the assembly version in your code just to be sure that the latest version is being referenced properly.

C#

Console.WriteLine(CellsHelper.GetVersion());

Hi Babar,
I have created a new example (with a another image), that you can see the problem is still present in the 8.6.0.2 version.
Please see the attachment.
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I have generated the attached xlsx file using the following code and it looks good. Could you please download it and see if you could find any error inside it. I am unable to spot any issue. I have reset the picture but it did not have any effect on it.

I tested it with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.6.0.2

The code is exactly same as yours but I have changed the output file name just for differentiation.

C#
string filename = “Image.png”;

var wbk = new Workbook();

wbk.Worksheets[0].Pictures.Add(2, 1, filename);

wbk.Save(“output.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Hi Shakeel,
I have opened the "Output.xlsx" file that you give me and I saw the problem:
See the pictures attached:
In the first picture you can see the differences in the red and blue rectangles.
In the second, after the Reset, you can see the equal values.
In the green rectangle you can see the quality difference.
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your clarification and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue now and logged it in our database for a fix. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43944 - Size of the picture is not correct and changes after reset

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-43944 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.0.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43944) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.