Generating PDF from RTF document- Incorrect indentation

We are using Aspose.Words file version 11.0
When convert RTF file to PDF, The PDF file is converted with incorrect indentation (too much tabs)
Attached the RTF file, and the PDF file
Please look at page 3, topic "Treatment 2"

Thank you

Hi Eran,

Thanks for your inquiry. I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words (v11.9.0). You can download it from the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

I hope, this helps.

Moreover, I have attached the Pdf document that is produced on my side here for your reference.

Best Regards,

Hi Haffez

Thank you for you answer
I download the latest version of Aspose.Word (v11.9.0)
The PDF file is look much better, but as you can see in page 3 the last column is out of page range.
I am attached the file i generated.
I know you said that in your machine this problem is not occur, but can you still suggest me what should i do to get same result as you did?

Thank you
Yaniv

Hi Yaniv,

Thanks for your inquiry. The Pdf document you attached in your previous post seems to be produced from a different Word document from the one you attached in your first post (EPIC3.rtf). I think, you should just call Document.UpdateTableLayout method before exporting to PDF (or any other fixed-page format), only in rare cases where you confirmed that tables appear incorrectly laid out in the output document. I hope, calling this method will help to correct the output. If the problem still remains, please attach your new Word documents (.doc/.rtf file) here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Hi Hafeez

I attached 3 files:
  1. The RTF file which I tried to convert PDF
  2. The template file we are using.
  3. The PDF file that converted incorrectly

In the PDF file please look at page 3, “Treatment 2”, line start with “acetaminophen” the value “650 mg” has too much tabs.

I tried to use Document.UpdateTableLayout
But still with no success.

I appreciated your assistance

Hi Yaniv,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.9.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7369. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Hafeez

Any news regarding issue: WORDSNET-7369?

Hi Yaniv,

Thanks for your inquiry. Our development team is currently reviewing the fix of your issue. We’re expecting to include this fix in our next release (v 11.11.0); however, this estimate is not final at the moment. We’ll let you know as soon as we resolve the issue completely. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Hafeez

Thanks you for the updates.

I have some update from our developer as well.
We think we manage to found a proper workaround for this issue.
The basic idea was to remove the HorizontalMerge Cells from the entire table.

if (cell.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge == CellMerge.Previous)
{
cell.Remove();
}

Full code is attached

I will appreciate if you could take a look on the code and approve that this workaround is valid, and we don’t lose any data as a result.

Thanks
Yaniv

Hi Yaniv,

Thanks for the additional information. I have tested this code and yes it helps in limiting the Table width within the bounds of Page. However, we have a good news for you that is WORDSNET-7369 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v11.11.0) which is planned to be released by the end of this month (around December’ 31, 2012). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Best regards,

Hi Hafeez

Thanks you for you answer.

We found another error in the same PDF document.
There is a missing text in the converted file. (page 1)
I am attached screen shut example of original file, and converted file with the missing text.

Does the solution you did for WORDSNET-7369 fix this issue as well?

Thanks you
Yaniv
Hi Yaniv,

Thanks for your inquiry. Perhaps you're using an older version of Aspose.Words; as I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side with Aspose.Words v11.10.0. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link:

I hope, this helps.

Moreover, I have attached a PDF file that is produced with Aspose.Words 11.10.0 on my side here for your reference.

Best regards,

Hi Hafeez

I looked at the PDF file you attached and I can see the missing text has not disappear.
However when I used Aspose.Word v11.10.0 (for .Net), I still get the missing text issue at page 1.

One more thing,
When we save the RTF file in Microsoft word (as RTF, without change anything) and then we convert it to PDF with Aspose, the issue is resolving.

Can you send us the code you are using?
We are using C# and not java, does it matter?

Attached our PDF file. and the RTF file.

Thank for you help
Yaniv

Hi Yaniv,

Thanks for the additional information. I managed to reproduce these issues on my side during rendering the Rtf (that is attached in this post) to Pdf format. I have logged these issues in our bug tracking system. The ticket numbers of these issues are WORDSNET-7558 and WORDSNET-7559. Your request has also been linked to these issues and you will be notified as soon as these are resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7369) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7558;WORDSNET-7559) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.