Strange behaviour while converting a .RTF file to PDF

I’m facing a strange behaviour while converting a .RTF file to PDF, using both my own code and yours (Aspose.Words Rendering Demo). Some parts of the text seem to be rendered as “vertically compressed”. I attached three files in a zip: the input RTF file and 2 snapshots showing you an exemple of the problem.
Thanks a lot for your help

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please also attach your fonts (CG Times (WN) and Courrier) here for testing? I will check the issue on my side and provide you more information. Moreover, I would suggest you please go through the following article on How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts during rendering to fixed page formats e.g. PDF:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/using-truetype-fonts/

Best regards,

In the attached file fonts.zip, the time an courrier fonts on my computer

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.5.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-8349. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

michelb91:
In the attached file fonts.zip, the time an courrier fonts on my computer

I see you have attached “Courier New” and “Times New Roman” fonts; but, the problematic text in your document uses “CG Times (WN)" and "Courrier” fonts. Could you please also attach these two fonts (i.e. CG Times (WN) and Courrier) here for testing? We will check the issue further on our end and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

I sent you all the font files in my c:\windows\fonts folder with Times or Courrier in the name. If it is wrong, I do not know where I can find “CG Times (WN)” and “Courrier” fonts.

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. While you’re waiting for a fix, we would like to offer you the following temporary workaround.

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\crhemato.rtf ");
FontSettings.DefaultFontName = "Courier New"; 
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf");

Since the problematic text in your document uses “Courrier” font and Aspose.Words couldn’t find this font, it substitutes this font with “Times New Roman”. However, by using FontSettings.DefaultFontName property you can define your own default font name.

Moreover, unfortunately the fix to this issue has now been postponed till a later date and we cannot push it into production right now because there are many other important issues we have to work on. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8349) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.