SSRS Rendering Problem with Subreport Called Multiple times in Detail Rows

My sub report is not rendering when one of two calls to the sub report returns an empty dataset. The sub report is called from detail rows in my parent report.
I had to insert an blank row in the stored procedure as a workaround, but this is very awkward and creates problems with hidden expressions.
Please let me know if there is a fix for this problem.
There are two detail rows calling the sub report. If only one of the calls to the sumcat13_TankTotals sub report returns an empty dataset, the sub report is not rendered for either detail row.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great, If you please share your RDL files along with data source for investigation purposes. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

The attached ZIP file includes three RDL files and the procedure populating the Sub Report dataset that is not rendering correctly
when called from within a Tablix Group Region.
The parent report (sumcat13IdealDesign.rdl) does not render the sumcat13_TankTotals sub report when the report is called twice, and one
of the calls to the Stored Procedure returns a null result set.
The sumcat13WithAsposeWorkArounds.rdl resolved this problem, but is not the preferred solution.
Bottom line: ASPOSE for SSRS has always had rendering problems with sub report references located in a Tablix Group Region.

Thank you
for your assistance.v

Hi Ken,

Thanks for sharing the RDL files. In case you are using an older version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v3.9.0) from here.

LordoftheRink:
Bottom line: ASPOSE for SSRS has always had rendering problems with sub report references located in a Tablix Group Region.

Unfortunately, I am unable to execute your RDL files due to missing data-source. It would be great, If you please use select statement (to populate the data) inside your RDL files and share your RDL files with us. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Please see the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference:

<DataSets>
	<DataSet Name="DataSet1">
		<Query>
			<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName>
			<CommandText>
				select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label
				union all
				select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label
				union all
				select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label
				union all
				select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label
			</CommandText>
		</Query>
		<Fields>
			<Field Name="value">
				<DataField>value</DataField>
				<rd:TypeName>System.Int32</rd:TypeName>
			</Field>
			<Field Name="label">
				<DataField>label</DataField>
				<rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName>
			</Field>
		</Fields>
	</DataSet>
</DataSets>

Here you go…
This is a Very Simple example.
I’ve attached 1 Simple report (Report1) and a sub report (Report2) called from the parent report group region. Notice what happens when one call returns an empty result set.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for sharing the simplified RDL files. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSRPT-137 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-137) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.