Aspose Words update some fields instead of all fields in Word Document

I have a Word document with several DOCPOPERTY fields. I have to update only 3 fields, and not change the other fields. All the fields are defined: {DOCPOPERTY Kenmerk \* MERGEFORMAT}

I update the fields with document.UpdateFields();

I can not manage to use the method UpdateFields for a single Field. All the fields are changed after this method.

Can anybody help me?

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Unfortunately, Aspose.Words currently does not provide any public property/method that returns Fields collection; to be able to iterate through this collection and update some individual fields (based on FieldType) using Field.Update method. I have added a request for this feature so that it could be added in future versions. In case, If it is already present, then I have requested a code example. We will update you in both cases asap. For reference, your request has been linked to this New Feature Request.

Moreover, as a work around, you could simply get paragraphs and call the Range.UpdateFields method. For more details, please see the following link:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/aspose.words.range.updatefields.html

I hope, this will help.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3518) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(16)